Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exhaust is a good comprimise on performance and sound level?

The truck I bought has a 5" stack on pass. side and the resonation in the reg. cab is not tollerable.

I just drove it back from TX to Maine

2,002 miles in 29 hours!!!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Do you want to get rid of the stack? If so I just got a Magnaflow 5" TBE. I was worried about sound but after driving it, it is very tolerable. My wife dosn't even mind it. Of course I have a Quad Cab but I don't think it would be that much different on a Reg.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I know that trip had to suck. I have the same truck. I am running a Banks Monster Dual Exhaust. It sounds great. I did do a cat. delete to get a little more sound out of it. I also deleted the muffler for a few weeks, but I ended up putting the muffler back on because of the drone. I really like the MBRP cool duals more than I do the Banks and I also like MBRP's 5" exhausts. If it where me, I would go with one of MBRP's kits and one of there cat. delete/test pipes. If you want to keep the cat., delete the muffler and it will give you the same sound. You either have to keep the cat. or muffer or you will have the drone. Here's a pic of the duals.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Do you want to get rid of the stack? If so I just got a Magnaflow 5" TBE. I was worried about sound but after driving it, it is very tolerable. My wife dosn't even mind it. Of course I have a Quad Cab but I don't think it would be that much different on a Reg.
Plus the Magnaflow kit is all Stainless Steel and comes with a 6" SS tip that looks great, sounds great too!!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I do plan to remove the stack and sell it...I'll looking into the MBRP & Magnaflow.

Trip was pretty much OK - 1st half sucked - slept (1) hour - went to lowe's that next morning and got foam ear-plugs...that helped. Worst part was NY city traffic Friday afternoon - parking lot no matter what route I went!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts