Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to get a trans pan. is there one better than the other and is it better to put the temp sender in the pan or in the line to the cooler or out of the cooler

·
I bleed diesel
1,340 Posts
i'm looking to get a trans pan. is there one better than the other and is it better to put the temp sender in the pan or in the line to the cooler or out of the cooler
I have the DD Mag Hytec. It's a very nice pan, but not for the reasons you see advertised.

It's a really solid pan that provides more structure when you are really twisting your trans with high torque. The extra capacity helps a little, and it doesn't make your fluid cooler like it is claimed. It may take a little longer for it to heat up with more fluid, but once its up to temp it doesn't really matter.

If I were you at this point I'd look more at installing a billet input and other miscellaneous parts when you do your TC/VB. The pan can always be added later.

·
Premium Member
25,250 Posts
For the highest reading, put your temp sender in the hot line. :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how far down does the dd pan hang down. should i change the filter when i put a new pan on. if so is there an after market one or just go with oem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump!!!!!!

·
I bleed diesel
1,340 Posts
Yes, definitely install a new filter while your in there. You can use the OEM one, or just go down to the nearest NAPA and buy one for a 727 or a 47RE. Both will work fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts