Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im kinda happy kinda sad that my tranny blew the other day.....happy cuz i get a new one, and sad that i got chuck out money....hahah well anyways i need advise on a durable transmission, its a auto. and hopeing to push 500-600 horsepower in the future. i was thinking about goerand...never wanna take it out again, but what does everybody else think???

give me some options to check out.

thanks, kyle

· Some-Sho Some-Go
1,650 Posts
Goerend....great tranny with great customer support!

· Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will it support that much power with no problems.....and i can just ship it down to them???

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
I think they build you one, they ship it to you, then you ship yours back for a core. Do you do boosted launches? If so you'll probably want a billet output to go along with the mandatory billet input. Also a triple disc convertor and a valve body will be enough with their full rebuild.

· PA Diesel Fuel Mafia-Don
1,630 Posts
hmm, how much money am i looking at now.
With a name brand tranny...figure on at least 6 grand and probably more....:confused013::doh:

· Registered
271 Posts
You should check with farmboys or coaltrain

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
i vote for DTT.....

· PA Diesel Fuel Mafia-Don
1,630 Posts
6 grand!!! daaang :shock:
If you want all the goodies...I personally would rather have the same parts installed from a reputable no name shop instead of paying jacked up prices just for a name.

· Crayola spokesperson
6,407 Posts
hey im kinda happy kinda sad that my tranny blew the other day.....happy cuz i get a new one, and sad that i got chuck out money....hahah well anyways i need advise on a durable transmission, its a auto. and hopeing to push 500-600 horsepower in the future. i was thinking about goerand...never wanna take it out again, but what does everybody else think???

give me some options to check out.

thanks, kyle
call automatic transmission design in germantown...my buddy just got one and man does it fly...all billit they took it out and put it in under 5 grand...there also the makers of the hipsters brake......im tellin ya call them there is not a better tranny out there...there converters are custome built in house....you wont be dissapointed..

· Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm, well i guess i have to give them a call, have you ever heard of transmasters in watertown??? so your saying that our own automatic transmission design in germantown can build me a tranny that will hold up to 500-600 hp, just like goerends can...hm, they will be getting a call after schoool

· Crayola spokesperson
6,407 Posts
just tell them what you want and hell build it we run all hit trannys in our drag cars...and my buddy that just had his done beats the crap outta it...it was built for pullin and it just grabs and goes...its who huckstorf uses for there pullin trannys 2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.