Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I need some help, I installed an allison at 545 that I got for next to nothing in my truck. I have decided that im not to fond of it, I recently realized how much highway driving I do.

Ive decided to sell the allison and put something else behind it, only im not sure what I want to do. I was thinking maybe 47rh, allison 1000 (not sure about computer stuff), e4od, zf5 speed (although I dont want a stick shift)

Let me hear some suggestions.....

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Can't beat the allison, I think Destroked sells a stand alone computer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
47RH are a good choice, you dont need to be an electrical engineer to be able to figure it out and performance parts are definitely plentyful...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't beat the allison, I think Destroked sells a stand alone computer.

I actually found one for sale with the computer, hooking it up....oh lord i bet thats a chore.

47RH are a good choice, you dont need to be an electrical engineer to be able to figure it out and performance parts are definitely plentyful...

This is true

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I think that he doesn't like the allison 545because that one doesn't have overdrive.
I person would go with the 47rh, I my opinion they are just as good as the allisons, and cheaper. The allison is a good trans but they have there problems just like everything else and they can be very expensive to build up and fix compared to the 47rh.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The allison is nothing special, and is not worth the pain of trying to make it work behind a cummins.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think it would be very diffacult to make it work behind the cummins at all. I have been looking at prices and the 47rh is only slightly cheaper as far as upgrading the guts.

And thats correct, I have been doing a ton of highway driving, which is unusual but I realized that I need OD, So I got an allison 545 from a 2.5 ton cement truck for sale....let me know.

·
Joel's Diesel
1,271 Posts
The allison would be OK, doesn't destroked sell a stand alone unit & plate for that? Anyway, If do come across a ZF5-42 close ratio, let me know. I need one from a diesel.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll keep my eyes open for you Joel, Pm me for how much you wanna pay for one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts