Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the worst of my 4 tires that are about to be replaced:

I got a 500 mile weekend coming up this weekend that will push them to 59,000 miles.

So if anyone was looking for evidence that you can get good life out of mud terrains on a 3/4 ton here you go!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
What pressure were you running in there? Wear doesn't look very even. I'm right at about 44k with mine and they are just under half tread. I've owned them for 6 years now. Still 56k is a good amount!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right about the wear. There is more wear on the inside and it is choppy. I'm running 45 psi if I'm remembering right. These tires are under 2 years old, but of course lots of miles.

I will also be replacing the shocks with the tires which I'm hoping will be a help for the ride and the wear on my next set.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Here's the worst of my 4 tires that are about to be replaced:

I got a 500 mile weekend coming up this weekend that will push them to 59,000 miles.

So if anyone was looking for evidence that you can get good life out of mud terrains on a 3/4 ton here you go!
Those tires were long gone. I've had good luck with them but always chuck them before the 2/32" wearbars show. We have a name for those. Maypop. Better hope it doesn't rain.

·
ordo ab chao
1,096 Posts
Sweet Jebus, don't ever drive on a bald tire like that!

Reactions: commtrd and N of 60

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Death wish .... not for me
But good milage ,

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New set of tires are on. I reviewed my maintenance logs and the final mileage was actually 62,850 miles.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Driving around on slicks endangers yourself, innocent pedestrians and motorists.
Thank you for this post. I have the new 35s on now with new shocks as well. (And believe me, I'd have replaced the tires sooner if I had the cash available)

This was the worst of my 4 old tires and we learned that my wheel bearing that I just replaced a year ago has some play and likely caused it to wear like this so I will be getting a new bearing under warranty.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i'm curious about the width of the tires you just took off, and the width of the wheel?

was the width of the wheel substantially smaller?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wheel was a stock wheel (7.5" I think) and the tire width was 11.6" according to toyo.

[The new rims I added are 9.5" wide with a 12.5" wide tire].

1 - 11 of 11 Posts