Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright fellas I actually posted this in another spot but I figured this would be the best place. I have a buddy who is looking at a motor that was in a fire. Meaning the truck caught fire. The guy selling the motor told my buddy that the motor turns over and what not but hes not sure if its running. Some of the hoses and some plastic pieces were burnt.

Here are my questions, would heat from a car fire warp the block?

Is there a way to test the motor and see if it runs??

·
AlGores worst nightmare
1,953 Posts
Really depends on how hot the fire got, and what version of the motor. A newer all electronic motor will need every piece of plastic, wireing, sensors, connectors, etc, replaced. An older one might fire up as if nothing ever happened.

·
AlGores worst nightmare
1,953 Posts
Really depends on how hot the fire got, and what version of the motor. A newer all electronic motor will need every piece of plastic, wireing, sensors, connectors, etc, replaced. It might never be right. An older one might fire up as if nothing ever happened.

·
AlGores worst nightmare
1,953 Posts
Really depends on how hot the fire got, and what version of the motor. A newer all electronic motor will need every piece of plastic, wireing, sensors, connectors, etc, replaced. It might never be right. An older one might fire up as if nothing ever happened.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Bump to the top....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts