Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,hows it going guys..well i was wondering whats the best performance wise thing to go with the smarty cr?i mean stacking wise?just curious about what combination is going to be good from experience.any output would be great thanks

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
If you are looking to make big horse power then The TST/Smarty stack is really good. Wish I had all the necessary parts to use my TST/Smarty to it's full potential!

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
I would wait for the SMARTY Revo TNT programs. Better adjustability and should make stacking a thing of the past.

MikeyB
I agree, but if you want something now, a pressure box is a great addition. The Edge EZ or the TS MP8 are a couple. :thumbsup

IMO, the TST isn't worth the :$: for what little you can use of it. I sold mine.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
If you aint 1st..Ure LAST
2,298 Posts
my buddy is stackin mp-8 and is gettin plenty of fuel. and another is stacked edge. its your choice. their both good

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
on the common rails a smarty and a pressure box is a great stack.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I like the current smarty or the old betas with the tst but i really don't use the tst anymore and have thought about selling it. The only thing I like about it now is the turbo timer feature. The new TNT programs should just about get rid of the need to stack programmers.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just curious what kind of bump in mileage you get with stacking?

Wood

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i just looked at my SMARTY CR and on the side it says TNT non race..what the heck does that mean?im not going to do the combination on my truck,actually BROWN"S DIESEL in CALIFORNIA is going to do my truck since they know there S hit on common rails and cummins themselves.so i was just checking.im not going to do no pulling with it my truck at all,just daily driver yet drag strip every other week

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
well i just looked at my SMARTY CR and on the side it says TNT non race..what the heck does that mean?im not going to do the combination on my truck,actually BROWN"S DIESEL in CALIFORNIA is going to do my truck since they know there S hit on common rails and cummins themselves.so i was just checking.im not going to do no pulling with it my truck at all,just daily driver yet drag strip every other week
It means you got this program. :peelout
MADS Electronics - Smarty - CaTCHER - REVO

MikeyB

·
Registered
255 Posts
Quad X2 pressure only that way you can adjust it on the fly. I like it.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so meaning i have the same thing u have Mikey?or what is my Smarty CR called then??and is this the latest version?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Yes, you have the same. The TNT is sweet. I'm running it on level 7 (130hp), mild TM, timing 4 (more advanced timing) and rail pressure 2 (mild). Pulls hard even down in the basement and very very smooth. Easy to putt around town at low rpms.

Update the valve springs you can go to the TNT/R which allows to have zero TM and 4k rpm limit. That's a special request program and you must have the mods to support it.

MikeyB

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I agree, but if you want something now, a pressure box is a great addition. The Edge EZ or the TS MP8 are a couple. :thumbsup

IMO, the TST isn't worth the :$: for what little you can use of it. I sold mine.

I agree... Whish I would have known that before I bought it. Oh well, live and learn. The TST is off right now.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i have that 4k rpm range though brown says dont push it until i get the tranny and valve springs and the rest of the deal with the motor..so i shouldnt stack my smarty?and what gears do i go with on the 04?y does only 1 wheel spin on my truck,though on cement both spin?what can i do to resolve this problem?need traction

1 - 20 of 22 Posts