Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well my tax stimulus just jumped into my account so now i'm ready to throw it away on my truck. :$:

I just replaced my clutch about 25k ago, but now i've added 100hp injectors and i've discovered the higher sub levels on my edge comp box. so the clutch is slipping at everything above half throttle in 4th, 5th , & 6th gear. that is depressing.

i also want to thro in a new fuel lift pump to match the injectors & tune, because i dont want to buy a new VP44.
so now what do i do. i can either get the clutch from Valair. or i can get the Lift Pump and the short shift kit.

what do i do, what do i do.
( i know it would make more sense to get the clutch. but short shift would be so much fun!!! & the fuel pump worries me.

thanks for your thoughts.

PS. let me know if you've had any good/bad experiences with the ValAir clutches.

thanks again. SS:peelout

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
I would get a new lift pump cause the LAST thing you want is to have to shell out a grand or more cause your vp44 stopped playing!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Do the clutch so you can have fun with the power you already have:SMART::peelout

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I also do agree with Rufushusky about the VP44. BTW I have had great luck with my ValAir.

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh no! i was hoping for a page full of the same answers. we're already at half & half.

i hope it evens out one way or the other...

thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
oh no! i was hoping for a page full of the same answers. we're already at half & half.

i hope it evens out one way or the other...

thanks for the advice
Wait a bit more people will get off work and you will get more responses.:thumbsup We all love helping other ppl spend money

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh Yeah! i forget about that. Its only 10 o clock here and i do my surfing at "work" hehehe.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I would say the vp44, although your going to burn up that clutch real quick if its already slipping.

Possibly both?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Truck can't move or run for that matter w/ out a VP. I'd do the fuel pump first, cause you can turn the compbox off, and that will save the clutch until one is installed. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i say lift pump. you can only get so far with a truck with a clutch and no fuel pump.

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, the Vp is still fine. so is the stock lift pump. the only thing showing wear so far is the clutch. i've just had a deathly fear of my pump going out, cuz i've read tons of posts about the stock lift pump taking a dump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My vote is for the lift pump. Don't want to see you have to pay for something WAY more expensive later. :CRY:

Take good care of that IP, and she will take care of you :thumbsup

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would get a new lift pump cause the LAST thing you want is to have to shell out a grand or more cause your vp44 stopped playing!

I agree!! I agree!! I messed up and played around with power before i tried to to keep things working and killed the vp

·
Registered
341 Posts
go for the lift pump your truck cant run without a vp but then again be easy on your clutch and turn the comp box down. i know i know its hard :CRY:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts