Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright this summer I will finally have some more money to put into this truck, probably between 800 and $1000 to put into it. I was plannin on gettin an hx40/16 and a 4" hood stack, a Denny T stage II pin, some 6x18 injectors (or maybe just some pods temporarily because I need new injectors, 233k is a lot for stock sticks, and it doesn't seem like they are poppin off properly or like its not runnin on all cylinders. So i might get some pods cheap for now and then sell them and get some 6x18s later.) But then I'm afraid after I get these things, I will need some transmission work. So there is more money...the list never ends! :$:But what I'm askin is what should I get first??? My egts are already really hot so I was thinkin of gettin the hx40 with 4" exhaust first so I can keep this thing cool. But then yet, I need new injectors, and I can get pods for pretty cheap, but then I'm afraid when I get those, it will be way too hot!?:doh: I plan on gettin the Denny T stage II pin no matter what, because it is the cheapest and will give me more power pretty easily. I think the 6x18s will have to come next year, along with a trans. But what do you guys think I should do? I'm not sure what to get first. I'd rather be safe than sorry. How does a stock automatic trans hold up to pods??? thanks guys.

· Registered
441 Posts
Whereas I have 6x18's and will never use any other size unless I absolutely need bigger ones which I can't foresee that happening.

I love my 6x18's

· Registered
1,177 Posts
Torque converter

· 1ST GEN
11,547 Posts
:agree2:

It doesn't help one bit to try and make more power if you can't put it to the ground.

· Registered
437 Posts
I have both oars in the water when it comes to making power and it not finding the ground

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm debating on buildin up my A518 and puttin a different torque converter in it and a shift kit, or I'm thinkin about puttin a 47rh in it if i can find one. The 47rh would be really nice with lockup and 5 gears, I would probably get better mileage and it would just be a lot nicer, but I don't know which way to go. I was thinkin the Denny T pin,an hx40, and pods for this summer. And then a tranny, some 6x18's, and a piston lift pump next summer or when I get more money, and then a water-meth injection kit and some head work and porting after that, but thats a ways away. But how would an hx40, turned up pump, pods, and a denny t pin work with my stock trans??? Do you think it would hold up fine til next summer? It seems to shift great and everything right now, I have never had it slip or anything. Oh and how much money could I get out of a stock A518 auto trans if i sold it??? how much could I get for my stock h1c? it has no shaft play. Thanks guys!

· Registered
1,177 Posts
Well I'm debating on buildin up my A518 and puttin a different torque converter in it and a shift kit, or I'm thinkin about puttin a 47rh in it if i can find one. The 47rh would be really nice with lockup and 5 gears, I would probably get better mileage and it would just be a lot nicer, but I don't know which way to go. I was thinkin the Denny T pin,an hx40, and pods for this summer. And then a tranny, some 6x18's, and a piston lift pump next summer or when I get more money, and then a water-meth injection kit and some head work and porting after that, but thats a ways away. But how would an hx40, turned up pump, pods, and a denny t pin work with my stock trans??? Do you think it would hold up fine til next summer? It seems to shift great and everything right now, I have never had it slip or anything. Oh and how much money could I get out of a stock A518 auto trans if i sold it??? how much could I get for my stock h1c? it has no shaft play. Thanks guys!

The 47rh is a 4 spd auto not 5, yes you would have lockup but I dont think the initial price of buying a trans and then putting a bunch of money into it would be worth it,well maybe if your gonna drag race it, If your wanting to spend that kind of money just put a nv4500 in it

They would work good with your tranny if you drove like there was an egg under the pedal

I did some very mild pump adjustments and a DennyT to a buddys truck and the conerter slips like mad when you get in it (one reason I will never own auto truck)

Like Philip said all that power will do absolutly no good if it doesn't get to the ground

Do what I said and get a good name brand converter(goerends,DTT) and shift kit and your truck will be totaly different animal

Learn from other peoples mistakes spend your money wisely and only spend it once

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.