Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 2000 2500 24 valve cummins 4wd with a leveling kit and want to start increasing power. It rarely if ever will be towing. I bought the truck 6 months ago with an edge ez box, full 4 inch exhaust, air intake, mishimoto trans cooler and supposedly has "+40 injectors and an upgraded torque converter and then trans was gone through with upgraded parts" per the previous owner.
I want to add power reliably but don't know where to start or what would be the best bang for my buck. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7 x .010's a quad and a 62 turbo will get you to 500 hp.

How much power do you want?
Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure how much power I really want in the end...
7 x .010 are injectors? And will the turbo be a drop in replacement? Also where could I find these parts?

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
I went with the Edge Drag Comp and connected the pump wire (in the instructions).
If you like messing with modules and trying different "tunes", the Quadzilla will make things happen according to many here who I appreciate their opinions.
This is the place to start and you'll find out whether your trans can handle the additional 100hp.

·
Registered
948 Posts
62mm is kinda the sweet spot for single, anymore and compounds will be needed to still daily well. I believe they make a drop in sxe362, Power Driven diesel has them last I looked.

Drop the inspections plate for the TQ and you should be able to tell if the previous owner was pulling one on you. Billet torque converters are easy to distinguish from stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with the Edge Drag Comp and connected the pump wire (in the instructions).
If you like messing with modules and trying different "tunes", the Quadzilla will make things happen according to many here who I appreciate their opinions.
This is the place to start and you'll find out whether your trans can handle the additional 100hp.
Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I'd want to mess with different tunes as I don't know much about fuel and timing and things like that. So I will check out the Edge Drag Comp

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
62mm is kinda the sweet spot for single, anymore and compounds will be needed to still daily well. I believe they make a drop in sxe362, Power Driven diesel has them last I looked.

Drop the inspections plate for the TQ and you should be able to tell if the previous owner was pulling one on you. Billet torque converters are easy to distinguish from stock.
Could I do compounds on my truck and go from there? Or is a 62mm enough for a daily driven truck?
Don't know why I didn't think of looking under the inspection cover, thank you for the help.

·
On call 24/7
12,371 Posts
You can start with a 62 and then do compounds down the road, thats what I did. Does the trans have firm shifts? You can start off with boxed tunes with the quad and then adjust later if you wish, imo the quad is the only way to go with a vp truck and you will most likely kick yourself for going with anything else unless you get a good deal on a used edge comp, edge juice or tst box.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just ordered an S362sxe from AGP Turbo for $1100 shipped. I’m not sure how good DAPs combo deals are but they charge $200 more for that turbo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can start with a 62 and then do compounds down the road, thats what I did. Does the trans have firm shifts? You can start off with boxed tunes with the quad and then adjust later if you wish, imo the quad is the only way to go with a vp truck and you will most likely kick yourself for going with anything else unless you get a good deal on a used edge comp, edge juice or tst box.
So I could use the 62 turbo in a compound setup down the road?
The trans does have firm shifts compared to other dodges I've driven. The other auto dodges have a squishy soft shift compared to my cummins.
Ok I think the Quad it is then. Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just ordered an S362sxe from AGP Turbo for $1100 shipped. I’m not sure how good DAPs combo deals are but they charge $200 more for that turbo.
Is it the same exact turbo? And thanks for the heads up...

·
On call 24/7
12,371 Posts
Yes, I ran a 62/65/14 over a 75/96/1.10 In my 12 valve and it was a beast. I would certainly call diesel auto power, they make the quadzilla and have always treated me great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I ran a 62/65/14 over a 75/96/1.10 In my 12 valve and it was a beast. I would certainly call diesel auto power, they make the quadzilla and have always treated me great.
Awesome I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a 62 and a quad.

Yeah exact same Borg Warner S300sx-e. They both machine the compressor outlet to be a drop in for our trucks and they both have a gated t3 exhaust housing.
Ok so just remove the stock hollset and drop the 62 right in?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also what lift pump should I get? And will the stock VP44 work ok with a 62 turbo and bigger injectors?
Thank you all for all the great info.

·
Registered
13,240 Posts
also it isn't %100 Drop in. you will need an hx40 downpipe.

Fass or airdog 100 or 150 would be fine.

A Stock healthy SO vp44 is good to 600-650 hp

I'd be shocked if DAP couldn't save you money by getting everything through them. @dieselautopower thougths?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
also it isn't %100 Drop in. you will need an hx40 downpipe.

Fass or airdog 100 or 150 would be fine.

A Stock healthy SO vp44 is good to 600-650 hp

I'd be shocked if DAP couldn't save you money by getting everything through them. @dieselautopower thougths?
Thanks for all the info

@jkidd should get at him. Super awesome company that will go above and beyond to help ya out.
Thank you looking at their site now

1 - 20 of 51 Posts