Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1998.5 24v 5 spd 4x4 ram 3500 quadcab I put a new x-vp44 from bluechip everything else is stock what should I do for performance from first to last ie.exhaust box intake what ever I am on a limited budget of course I would love everyone input

·
Registered
681 Posts
uhhmmm, post in a different section, or ask a mod to move this for ya.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well first thing is first. Get a Fuel pressure gauge on there and either a Airdog or Fass System. If your on a budget and can't afford them get a raptor. After that you can start to get Intake and exhaust and then from there you could get some parts that'll get ya into some trouble:hehe::headbang:

Reactions: dap552

·
Hemi
12,651 Posts
1. Lift pump
2. Gauges
3. Intake
4. Exhaust
5. Box
6. Injectors
7. Turbo
That's a good order to follow.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Well first thing is first. Get a Fuel pressure gauge on there and either a Airdog or Fass System. If your on a budget and can't afford them get a raptor. After that you can start to get Intake and exhaust and then from there you could get some parts that'll get ya into some trouble:hehe::headbang:
:ditto: Get a fuel pressure gauge and upgrade the lift pump first. Even if the factory pump is supplying good pressure now...it will fail. You don't want to ruin that new injection pump. Fuel pressure needs to be between 10 & 20 psi.

Reactions: dap552

·
Registered
728 Posts
1. Lift pump
2. Gauges
3. Intake
4. Exhaust
5. Box
6. Injectors
7. Turbo
That's a good order to follow.