Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking delivery of my new 6.7L tomorrow. I've asked the dealer to take care of the following and they agreed to have it all done:

* AP Flash
* TSB 18-013-08 for EVIC
* Engage the high idle

Is there anything else I should ask for before I drive it away? The truck's build date was something like April 8th. It's a 2500 Megacab 6.7L automatic 4x4 Laramie.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
You may want to ask them to turn on the fog lights with the high beams option. It is under the export heading in the Starscan device. I forgot to ask last time I was at the dealer.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I called my dealer friday about turning on the fogs with high beam and they said they wouldn't do because it was illegal in Texas. They are the law now along with being the warrany gestapo.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Full tank of fuel. I had to argue with the sales manager to get it but they gave it to me.

With todays fuel prices I would make sure it came with a full tank too. I picked up my truck a few weeks ago and I had them top it off.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Just be ready to have a big smile on your face each time you drive it! Well, except for each time you have to stop for fuel.....:$:

Turn on tow/haul and also the e-brake, get some speed up, and then let off the pedal. It's awesome how the truck slows down like that.....:thumbsup

If you got the sunroof option, it works twice as well if you also open the power rear slider. Don't forget to close the sunroof each day. I have forgotten a couple times....:w:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked her up yesterday. I am a first time diesel owner. I've always been a Chevy guy, but I went with Dodge based on the Cummins reputation alone. First impression...WOW, WHAT A MACHINE!!! This thing drives nice, rides nice, looks like it means business, and the exhaust brake is KILLER! I love this thing.

I did get a full tank of fuel. That was nice. For anyone who's dealer tells you that you don't get any fuel with a new truck, my window sticker said "Includes full tank of fuel....NO CHARGE."

I wasn't at all impressed with the service department at this place (BBC Dodge in Seattle). They said the truck should already have the AP flash and TSB for the overhead staight from the factory, but wouldn't do any research for me to confirm it. They also said the truck would only get flashed if I brought it in for a CEL. Whatever. They did offer to flash it for me for $95 bucks. I declined because I refuse to pay money for something that should be a warranty item. They also wouldn't engage the high idle for free. They wanted $50 bucks for it. I've read on here that some of you guys have been charged and some have gotten it done for free. I'll try with the next dealer I go to. From what I understand, it's like 5-10 minutes of someone's time just pressing buttons. Finally, when I went to go start the truck it had a tire pressure light on. They wanted me to make an appointment to come in and have it looked at. That's when I lost it and told them that I was going to refuse delivery of the truck if they didn't fix it for me before I signed for it. They brought a service tech out who put air in the tires and magically the light went out. I didn't see what was so hard about that. I just didn't have it in me to drive a $45k truck off the lot with a caution light staring at me on the dash. I wasn't being a jerk to these guys before that, but c'mon, fair is fair.

This truck is a real beast though. Overhead was showing 17.5 on the 100 mile drive home. That's better than I was expecting for a brand new motor.

·
Banned
706 Posts
:hateit::broke:Sure is. I wont even comment on what mine got and is getting now!:$:

·
Registered
121 Posts
hey look all that is nice, but im a dodge diesel tech at planet in houston just make sure you have the latest pcm and ccn (cluster) flash, dont let it sit and idle and let it see some highway time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts