Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every post i read with someone that owns a smarty they are all runnin 3 maybe 5 no body runs the upper settings? i am on 7 wild tq management i was on #9 mod tq managment. but the old stock tranny is slippin a little too much...but for the most part i love the drivability of it and its not unmanagable power. why isnt anyone running the higher settings? am i wearing out my motor too fast with it turned up that high?? just a thought

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
alot of people probably dont have the supporting mods or maybe high settings they have trouble having all power on hand, hard to drive while keeping foot out lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Level #9...tried #7 but couldn't get full boost. With level #9 I can get 50 lbs.

Each has to try their own with mods they have. Trucks can break easy with torque after very few mods.

·
Registered
568 Posts
i ran on #9 and loved it but the tranny did not and fuel mileage went down #3 was ok but would not spool fast so i smoked alot so i am back on#5 and it drives the best and gets me decent mileage

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Level 5 mod. torque. Trying to save the tranny.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I drive with mine on 7 or 9 all day, every day. I have become accustomed to the power and when I turn it down on occasion for towing or some other reason, I switch it back as quickly as I can.

I just wish I could figure out how to download some of the new tunes from the website.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Level 3 now because it has less timing than 1. I use Smarty for mileage. I would like to use the higher levels but a stock clutch wont support them.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
every post i read with someone that owns a smarty they are all runnin 3 maybe 5 no body runs the upper settings?....why isnt anyone running the higher settings? am i wearing out my motor too fast with it turned up that high??
I tried running SW#7...WOT it was a little better than 5 but for daily driving it drove like crap! LIke stated, most don't turn it up because they don't have supporting mods. No, you're not harming the ENGINE (not motor :w:) by running 7 or 9...

·
Registered
61 Posts
i run my tnt-r on 9 with everything turned up on wild and let me tell you what i turned it down for about 5 miles and couldnt stand it so i stopped and put it back on balls to the wall !!!
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i toew still on #7 i cant tow on #9 cause it gets too hot too quik but #7 i can tow whatever whenever

·
Registered
716 Posts
i run revo tnt sw9 all day everyday

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
what bout stock dodge
What are the effect of running the upper levels of a smarty on a stock dodge auto trans? Is that what you are asking?

If so the higher levels of a smarty if run too hard, eg. hard launches, 4wd launches etc etc will eat a stock 48re for lunch.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its all how you drive it i on a daily basis destroy the tires into 4th gear on a stock tranny but i have the $$$$$ to build one when she finaly quits. the tq slips more than anything...guys running the tnt tune are you weraing out the "engine" quiker or you still think you get 500k out of it?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
What are the effect of running the upper levels of a smarty on a stock dodge auto trans? Is that what you are asking?

If so the higher levels of a smarty if run too hard, eg. hard launches, 4wd launches etc etc will eat a stock 48re for lunch.
And he's looking to stack it with PMCR...on a stock tranny :coocoo:thud:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts