Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my smarty about a month ago, with the list of mods in my signiture what program should i download that would be safe. I drive it everyday and tow a trailer sometimes. And what steps do i take to download the software. Thanks for the help.:confused013:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Here's a bump for ya. I'll be in the same postion in the next couple days. I can't wait LOL.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Here's a bump for ya. I'll be in the same postion in the next couple days. I can't wait LOL.
I would download the tnt program. It is free on the smarty website. I have the tnt-r and its very cool. :headbang:

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I would download the tnt program. It is free on the smarty website. I have the tnt-r and its very cool. :headbang:
he wont be able to get the TNT-r yet, since you have an 03 I would say talk to bob and get one of the old Beta softwares 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 heard they run a lot better on the 03-early 04 trucks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
332 Posts
He has an 03, so usually the best tune for the 03-04 trucks are the beta files like the
4.2(strongest) and the 4.3. ^^^Beat me to it^^^

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes, go with the 4.2, it is crazy powerful. way better than the stock program. but if you do much towing at all youll have to get a bigger turbo as i am having to do.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
I assume you have gauges.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The 411 tune is very nice on the 03/04's also, and with less smoke than the betas. I actually dynoed to within 13hp with the 411 to the 4.2, and with much cooler egt's.

ThrownGears03, I think maybe what you were asking, is what level you would be safe with, with your current software? You have a HD clutch, so I would think you could easily tow on sw3, maybe even sw5.

If you would/could download these older softwares you will lose the pod function, plus the ability to change timing, tq management, rail pressure, through the options menu.

I would stick with the software you have now, and try it, you could even run sw9, then back the pod down to 50% for towing. Besides, you may not be able to download the older versions, without tons of grief.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You cant run any of the betas on a POD, you will have to run either REVO or TNT. Since your not running any fueling upgrades you wont be able to take full advantage of the TNT on the higher levels. I would load REVO, which is what should already be loaded up on your smarty. Put it on level 9, set your torque mnmt to 4 if you want a lot of smoke, Rail Pressure on 3, WG off, shift defuel off (i know you dont have an automatic) and either 2 or 3 on timing. Then you can adjust your power level on the fly if you want to detune it. Like i stated above, you prolly wont be able to keep rail pressure up on this power level when you run it at 99%.

Here's the link to download it if you need to MADS Electronics - Smarty - CaTCHER - Download

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okay lots of options, lol. I have option 0-99 on my software now. I have it on 99 of course now. I have guages and i get up to about 1200 degrees on my egts since i installed the stacks. From were i was before stacks at 1350 degrees. My boost goes to about 28-31 psi and my manual tranny only gets to about 155 degrees so i think i am okay on everything but correct me if im wrong. So I should download the revo softwear? And what should i do to my truck next. And by the way thanks for everyone helping me out im all new to cummins. But so far I love them. And I love smoke so what ever gives me more of that i like and i know its unburnt fuel but i like it. Thanks to everyone helping.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bump bump to top

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
afternoon bump

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
your smarty pod should have already came with the Revo software pre downloaded. if you want you can download the Revo-tnt and give it a shot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts