Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to know for sure what size my turbo is? I was told it was a 66-71/13 but I want to know for sure. is there a way to find out? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i've been trying to figure mine out since i bought it, no tags, it looks like a htt, but thats it. i wanted to do research on what else i could do to figure it out. seems like there is other things that always come up... i'll keep my eye open if others have a better idea on figuring it out.

bowz

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mic it will tell you the inducer size pretty easy. If you have a tag you should be able to get the numbers from looking from the wheel well with a mirror. then call htt or whoever and they can tell you from the number.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Like Brian said, look for some sort of identification number. They're usually on a tag of some sort on the center section (where the oil feed line fitting is) inbetween the compressor housing and the exhaust housing. I've never had a turbo that actually had the specs directly on it, but with the ID number acts as a VIN. HTT can give you all the specs you could ever need; given that you tell them the number.

Note: It will not be a number cast into the exhaust housing, stamped on the compressor housing, or anything like that. Look for a number on plate or tag.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
thanks for the heads up guys, i don't want to derail black beauty's thread. If you guys want to help me out here is my old thread of my turbo.

black beauty on my #7 post is where most turbos i have seen have the id markings on them, as u can see mine doesn't. u can see the oil drain line coming out of the bottom...

bowz

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked through the fender well and found a tag with numbers scratched on it. I wrote them down and called htt. gave them the number and he said it was infact a 66-71-13 stainless steel. it is there pro street turbo.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Works every time. How do you like it? Should work good with a manny but how is it with the auto?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
seems to be just fine. Truck runs strong. Now that I know for sure exactly what all the truck has, what should I do next?

Cam
pushrods
valve springs?

I guess I need to start a new thread about that concern

·
Registered
430 Posts
Push rods aren't needed yet but springs, fluidampr, will quiet that thing up nice. I would also consider a prv from t&c diesel and a coolant pressure relief and you should be able to sleep easy. Did you dyno your truck yet?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is a prv? Im not good with abreviations. and what will I bennifit from adding all those things you listed?

I havent dyno'd it yet, but the previous owner said it did 652 with the edge juice installed with the hot unlocked. I plan on doing the efi live when it is released.

·
Registered
430 Posts
T&C does a pressure relief valve for the rail that you can have custom pressure set 26,28,30k. The stock ones have a habit of leaking by. I had taken the banjo out and ran a wheel stud from a vw for a while to stop the pressure from getting out. Cost me a set of injectors in 30k miles though. Just call him up and he'll send you one at whatever pressure you specify for like $50. Then you send yours back in. As long as it's not shimmed,rebuildabe that's it. I had mine set at 26k since I denutted it a little. I went thru two tranny's in a month so now I changed to a specail from the 66 and tamed the tuning. I'm officially done looking for more HP.

·
Registered
532 Posts
What are you runnin for a programmer or pressure box? Depending on what you're wantin to accomplish with the truck and what you'll be usin it for: if it is runnin tight and strong with no issues, my suggestion would be to leave it alone and enjoy it! When you start goin all out, things can and will go wrong in a hurry. I would only take it farther if you have the disposable income to cover issues that will come with further tweaking and power. Problems are inevitable; they will happen eventually no matter how perfectly you build the truck, even with all 100% top-of-the-line products.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts