Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Allright so I sold my 06 and am waiting to get a 10 mega dually. In the meantime I got a smoking deal on an 04 single cab dually 4x4. Paid $7K for it!! :thumbsup: Anyways I'm wanting to run 35s and was debating between 4-6" lift. Not really wanting to go allout on it but do want a good ride. What yall thinking???

Oh and I'll be getting full replacement leaves, the stock leafs have been carrying a heavy a$$ welding bed for 185,000 miles!

Thanks, Wil

·
West Virginia Chapter VP
840 Posts
6" is the only way to go and I got my lift from Top Gun Customz.

·
Vendor
6,347 Posts
I would stick with something around 3-4" since you probably have bigger plans for the '10 when you get it. I wish that I could come across a deal like that. I would love to have a huge Reg Cab Dually!

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would stick with something around 3-4" since you probably have bigger plans for the '10 when you get it. I wish that I could come across a deal like that. I would love to have a huge Reg Cab Dually!
Yeah big plans for tha '10 george!

You think the Carli starter would be fine for tha 04? I want it to setup pretty good but don't necessarily wanna spend alot on it.

I'm thinking bout getting some 4" atlas leafs. Don't the atlas give less lift than they say? The stock rear leafs have got to be worn out cuz like I said it's had a very heavy welding bed on it for a long time, so I wanna replace em.

·
West Virginia Chapter VP
840 Posts
I was going to go 4" but then I thought what if I wished it was tall then I would have to do it all over again. I have seen many of lifts out for reasonable money. You just have to do what you want.

I can not speak for all trucks but my 06 a 4" is a 2" lift and a 6" is a 4" lift increase from the ground to the rockers. Because it levels and then lifts so my 6" actual only lifts the truck 4" from the ground or 6" in the front and 4" in the back.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to go 4" but then I thought what if I wished it was tall then I would have to do it all over again. I have seen many of lifts out for reasonable money. You just have to do what you want.

I can not speak for all trucks but my 06 a 4" is a 2" lift and a 6" is a 4" lift increase from the ground to the rockers. Because it levels and then lifts so my 6" actual only lifts the truck 4" from the ground or 6" in the front and 4" in the back.
Yeah I get what your saying. I've lifted several trucks, just don't have an idea in my head of how RCLB duallys look with a 4" or 6". I would probly be fine with a 6" but don't want all the headaches that come with it. I'm OCD when it comes to everything being perfect so if I went 6" I'd end up spending a buttload of cash on it and I'm trying to stay somewhat budget minded with it. I'm already probly gonna put all the stuff I had for the 06 on it! Which is alot!.

I'm goin 10" COs and 4linked on the new truck so wanna keep this 1 "kinda" low! :hehe:

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^^^I should do that...but I want just a little bit higher than that.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking about using the Fabtech 4.5" kit and getting some replacement rear springs, a PP trac bar, 5100s, and a Carli high mount stabilizer. I have the 08.5 steering allready and will be getting dynatrac BJs and free spin hub kit.

Anything else yall would add to the lift? Keep in mind I'm doing this lift kinda cheap cuz I have a budget with this truck. Gotta save for the new truck.

Thanks, Wil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts