Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 3500
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting ready to upgrade from a stock turbo soon, I pull my truck in a street class which limits us to a 2.5 inlet. So I'm gonna be getting a 62mm probably a non waste gate housing to save some money since I'm fire ringed and studded already, I have a drag comp, 150hp injectors and the hot rod pump, I have a 1600 degree egt gauge that I can max out like nothin right now, obviously, I'm trying to figure out to go with a 12 or a 14 size exhaust housing. I do use my truck for work and tow over 10k a decent amount of time, I think I have enough to fuel to spool the 14 without to much of an issue with a trailer but wanted some other people input

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
The 12 spools FAST. The 14 should be pretty close. If you are in the high rpms a lot go with the bigger housing to decrease drive pressure.

·
Registered
11 3500
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How competitive do you wanna be pulling? I wouldn't be running a s362 if I was pulling especially if they allow clipped wheels.

I'm not really looking to be super competitive. How I'm running now I placed 4th out of 12 if I wanted to be more competitive I'd leave 33s on my truck but I like 35s I mostly just pull for the fun of it, I'm happy aslong as I'm not last and don't break but yeah I think that's what im looking at getting and with a billet wheel, I was just wondering people's thought as far as the 14 housing for towing I know it spools slower as long as it's not too bad I'm good with it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
919 Posts
just curious why you'd rather have a non gated ex. housing, I would look into a 62/71/14

·
Registered
11 3500
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just curious why you'd rather have a non gated ex. housing, I would look into a 62/71/14
well I was only looking into the non gated housings because I have head work done meaning firering and head studs so I can push more boost without blowing the gasket, i had luch with the guys at the shop i go to and we were talking and they suggested the non gated because i don't need it and a gated one id just end up plugging off anyways but i could save like 6-700 by getting the non gated housing but they called me later today and said the only ones there was were t4 flanges and our pulling rules say t3 only

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
There are two very good non-w/g turbine housings, .76 T3 and .85 T3.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
If your going to be pulling, you want a T4 housing. My suggestion is to try a BorgWarner s464/83 with a .90 or a 1.00 housing.

·
Registered
11 3500
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If your going to be pulling, you want a T4 housing. My suggestion is to try a BorgWarner s464/83 with a .90 or a 1.00 housing.
i would but our rules state that we need a stock size appearing housing, the inlet size cant be larger than 2.5 inches which they do check and im 99% positive they say t3 flange only

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.