Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2 1/2 leveling in the front and a 4in lift block in the rear, so should i just get 2.5 lift shocks in the front and 4in in the rear? any help would be awesome thanks guys!

·
Registered
95 Posts
If your truck is 4x4 then you get the 0-1" lift for the rear. Make sure to get the 2.5"lift for the front. Don't for get you are measuring based from the stock height. I hope that helps

Reactions: goody032

·
Registered
89 Posts
For front application
Bilstein 5100 with 0-2" lift
Part number# 24-185776

For rear application
Part number# 24-191203

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm not sure if the 5100 will work with the 4 inch block in the back... Fronts should be fine

·
Registered
95 Posts
For front application
Part number# 24-185776

For rear application
Part number# 24-191203
The front is correct
Part# 24-185776

The rear you want
Part# 24-185783
2500,4wd,with o"-1" lift

Those are the numbers I ordered. I have just a levelling kit I. The front and the back is stock with 4.5" blocks with being a 4wd so they call that 0"-1" lift. You will love the way your truck drives afterwards
Autoanything.com is where I bought them and they are I sale right now also and have awesome customer service.
I hope this helps

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to hi jack but does anyone know they make a 5100 for a 2wd? I checked autoanything and they only show the heavy duty series for 2wd

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys for the help!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry to hi jack but does anyone know they make a 5100 for a 2wd? I checked autoanything and they only show the heavy duty series for 2wd
I dont know for sure but I wouldn't think that they would change the shock mounts for 2wd vs 4wd

·
Registered
95 Posts
I ordered mine from autoanything the other day and they said they wouldn't be shipped until 3/25 so I decided to cancel the order and go to summit racing because their always good to deal with in my experience.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been meaning to ask this same question! Thanks for the information

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Its about time for new shocks on my truck, how do you like the 5100's? I put some skyjackers on my old dodge (2nd gen gas) and it handled like a yacht! Was awful! I want something that will be good for towing and not bounce like those skyjackers did. lol Just curious what you guys have thought of them?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I installed the front ones on my truck when I put my leveling kit and 35's on and it handles amazing. I just got my rear ones yesterday so they will go in tonight. They are excellent in my opinion just a little pricey.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
IMO they seem to have better travel than any of the others I have ever had on. My old ones seemed to take a lot more to get them to budge. These absorb a lot more of the front end travel. My part number for the rears was 24-185783 from summit and the fronts I ordered from SD truck spring when I leveled it because they were having a sale. I don't recall what that part number was though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Plus from summit mine arrived the next day with free shipping. However I live in northeastern Indiana and they have a facility in Ohio somewhere.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
The difference between off the shelf valving and thuren/Carli valving is astounding. Well worth looking in to.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
What the price diff though? Haha no, this truck will get a 3" lift at most. It's still a truck. I want to build a chevy prerunner then I will pay attention to valving...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Aligator arms? Get off my wallet? Anyone who knows me, knows I bought a truck, parked it in the shop, and have proceeded to make it rain. :hehe:

Reactions: runit02
1 - 20 of 24 Posts