Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a 07 dodge mega cab 5.9 diesel. Its been a great truck. its getting up there in miles. and i am looking into buying a 2011 dodge 2500 mega cab 6.7 diesel. but i here of all the problems with the exhaust plugging up. also i here you cant idle if very long, is that true? i own my own business and i need a truck i can count on. If anyone knows anything about the 6,7 please let me know. thanks for your help

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would try posting this question in one of the 6.7 forums, you will get more feedback:confused013:
+1 and be more specific with the title of your thread...

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Extended low idle on those trucks will plug up the dpf. I owned one and the filter had to be replace at 80000 km. I also did mostly highway driving with little idle time. If you live in a area that doesn't do the yearly emision test then once off warranty pull the whole system. Egr and dpf. But like the others said the 6.7 section guys can tell you more.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Extended low idle on those trucks will plug up the dpf. I owned one and the filter had to be replace at 80000 km. I also did mostly highway driving with little idle time. If you live in a area that doesn't do the yearly emision test then once off warranty pull the whole system. Egr and dpf. But like the others said the 6.7 section guys can tell you more.
:agree2: 100% . my buddy works at a dodge dealer and he said stay away from the 6.7 they are junk. but each year they are getting better with the emission crap but look at all these years the 5.9 ran w/o it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts