Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 12v I have been fixing up to sell and most of the stuff I have done is cosmetic, what I have done is put in a Southbend DD clutch rated at 550hp and the only engine mods I have done are a plugged waste gate, no AFC foot (which was not much of a choice... My AFC wont move...), 4k gov springs, and 4" exhaust. So the clutch is a little...big... but I am setting it up so it has plenty of room to grow. I am getting a 271 transfer case put in it. but basically I don't want to start dumping in money for performance parts I wont get the value back out of. But I am blowing like 40psi through my HX35.... should I invest in a bigger turbo? would I get the value out of that or should I just leave the 35 in it and hope that whoever buys the truck has big enough plans and doesn't care that its got a stock turbo. If I do get a bigger turbo, what size would be good? something that can spool, but has room to grow like the rest of the truck.
anything else I should invest in that will raise the value of the truck?
Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
delivery valves, injectors, and yes a turbo. might as well do it right if you can afford to.

·
Registered
80 Posts
performance does not pay back. I would say dont waste your money unless you can find cheap used turbo and then I would leave the stock turbo on and offer the bigger turbo. A truck that has a super clean exterior and interior will out sell a engine modded truck everyday.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes that is what I thought, my truck is very nice inside and out. has a little uniqueness and attitude but not freakish. and its hard to offer a bigger turbo.... without buying one... so if a buy on and they don't want it... I have a turbo I have to resell and hope I get my money back.... would maybe a water meth kit give it some value? Building one is fairly cheap these days. it adds some power and helps cool. would you pay a little more for a truck with that?

·
Registered
54 Posts
No Dont think water/meth would the way to go maybe oversized tires they always make these trucks look more like TRUCKS. I am a car-salesmen (cummins-salesmen) and the vehicles with always sell faster and bring more eyes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts