Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im fixin to purchase a programmer for my 3500 srw and need some advice. My truck is stock except for the silencer ring is gone and so are the muffler and cat. Also i gutted the air intake. I need a programmer/chip that is on the fly, will monitor engine functions and i am gonna be runnin 6" stacks so it must be able to ROLL THE COAL when i want. What do yall think?

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
Edge Juice with Attitude describes everything you need and sounds like what you are looking for.

James

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A boy i know has a triple dog and his brother has a edge juice w/ attitude and he says the triple dog puts out way more power and smoke? What yall think? I dont wanna get a juice if hes gonna stomp me in the ground.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
I've heard much better and more positive results with the edge juice w/attitude. i'd get that and then later on down the road if you want another programmer you can stack it with the smarty and see big things happen.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Id say just get a smarty

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would go with a triple dog...i have heard good things about them

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I have both a Juice with attitude and a Triple dog. I love both. I am getting rid of my triple dog to get the smarty. Both give great power. The only reason I would prefer the Edge over the Triple dog is because of the gauges it has built in. However, the triple dog definately has the better power and smoke of the two. Especially if you have the Crazy Larry tune. :peelout

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I love my Juice w/Attitude. Granted, with the stock lift pump, it won't "roll coal", but it will smoke some. Now with my good LP setup, it will smoke more than before, it's still no black out condition. But the gauge feature, and safety features, it's a very nice setup. It makes great power, and can be had cheap. I found mine from a guy on here for $450 with the A-pillar mount.

Just a warning though, you will need tranny mods if you have a auto, and eventually a clutch if you have a hand shaker!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My buddy has the crazy larry on his so that must be why his smokes so much. So maybe i need the triple dog with the crazy larry paired with an outlook?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The triple dog will beat the edge every time....even if you have the hot unlock level 6....I have had both on my 06 and used them as a stack...the triple dog with the cummins torque and crazy larry makes it one bad machine

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,245 Posts
crazy larry will roal the coal as stated, but the also have a tendency to get alot higher egt's than the edge will also, another thing to think about..

·
Registered
313 Posts
if u want to roll coal go with the mp-8 bdtd/crazy larry stack and u will stop traffic

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is an mp8?how much do they cost?

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Bully Dog

Well guys I have the Triple Dog w/ Outlook....I absolutely love mine. The Outlook monitors for EGT's, Trans. Temp, Pyro, Boost, Fuel Pressure....and cuts back the engine if you surpass the set setting. It also does 0-60 time, 1/4 miles, Horsepower and Torque, etc. I was looking at the Edge Juice w/ Attitude, but the owner of the local Diesel Shop told me that Edge has burnt up alot of trucks and he didnt reccommend it. I would reccommend Bully Dog to anyone. Hands Down! Has been a great product and very easy to use.

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Don't let anyone talk you into stacking...yet....if you stack then you are wasting you money right now, cuz your goin to be pushing for power to your engine then your fuel pump can supply....you'll just be starving the engine for fuel....just get one right now and then later when you put an upgrade fuel system then you stack it up and SMOKE enough to stop traffic.....just my suggestion

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I am a BDTD fan and run CL as well as I have tested beta versions for the BD. That being said if you a true 04 and not the 04.5 then go with the Edge or a Smarty. The BD does not produce the power in the 03-04s like the 04.5's to 07 5.9. Most pre 04.5's experiance no differance in power from performance to CL. Smarty has the power in the 03 - 04's but the Edge is good and has on the fly. If you want CL or Smarty power upgrade your lift pump and clutch!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts