Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished getting my mods done on a 95 12V. Was wondering what kind of HP. and torque I should expect from it?
It had 40,000 miles and added a BD super B turbo, 3000 gsk springs, #5 cam fuel plate, 181 delivery valves, timing set at 15.5, dynomite stage 2 75HP injectors and a ATS exhaust manifold. I do have gauges and had a auto trans built up, killed the KDP and "O" ringed the head. Its going in my 54 chevy COE.

·
Registered
576 Posts
400/900
When i talked to the guys at DDP they said the their 75hp injector would only flow enough for up to 375 hp. I would assume they know what their talking about, but i dono 400/900 is my guess

·
Registered
576 Posts
and i never really understood horse power it seems so stupid to me... torque times rpm divided by 5252. seriously who thought of that.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
HP is a very old way of measuring power.... Hence HORSE power, calcualtion based on how much weight a horse could lift in a minute or something like that. Now, many years later we have ways of actually measuring it, the dyno! It measures in ft/lb's torque.

But, our society still believes in the old HP game so we calculate that out to make all the 16 year olds happy when they go buy a honda popcan!

Like the old saying goes, torque wins races, hp sells parts :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts