Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
401 - 415 of 415 Posts

· Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
They could easily prevent it from capsizing by loading the other side with 30 caliber magazine clips and ghost guns and use them as a counter weight.

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Actually it kicks less than my standard .50 cal. I could shoot it all day if the concussion from it wasn't so bad. I get a headache if I shoot more than 20 at a time. It would be cool to have some sort of laser guidance system (it has actually been done but I am not that smart).

I also forgot to mention that I even made my own butt stock. Made a 3d printed master then made a mold of it. Then cast rubber butt pads for it.

I figured since I have to make one from scratch, might as well put some personal touches on it. The image isn't really good, but the side says "Dylan is awesome"
Was talking about this the other day, and just saw you were active 11 days ago...curious how this is going and what all has happened with it in the last 5 years lol

· Registered
534 Posts
Was talking about this the other day, and just saw you were active 11 days ago...curious how this is going and what all has happened with it in the last 5 years lol
Doing well actually. It sits a lot so doesn't get a lot of use. But 5 bullet iterations later and 20 different powders and a lot of testing, I have it dialed in pretty well.
I actually just got my Tax Stamp and literally just chambered a 20mm vulcan barrel to it last weekend. Going to take it out in two weeks to test fire the cannon round.

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Doing well actually. It sits a lot so doesn't get a lot of use. But 5 bullet iterations later and 20 different powders and a lot of testing, I have it dialed in pretty well.
I actually just got my Tax Stamp and literally just chambered a 20mm vulcan barrel to it last weekend. Going to take it out in two weeks to test fire the cannon round.
Don't forget the video, i'd love to watch her shoot

· Registered
534 Posts
How far were you shooting, and were you hitting what you aimed at? :p
That video was shooting across the prarie at 2300 yards at at plate 16" in diameter. We weren't hitting it on every shot but it was about 50%.

How much money did you blow through that day lol
I honestly don't know, but it wasn't cheap either.

· Registered
9,857 Posts
The great escape is under way! Bought a house in South East Idaho. Closed and funded a couple weeks ago. Spent a weekend in the new house making some repairs and changing the locks. Now it's just down to packing and moving my ass over there.

· Bangin' through the gears
5,521 Posts
The great escape is under way! Bought a house in South East Idaho. Closed and funded a couple weeks ago. Spent a weekend in the new house making some repairs and changing the locks. Now it's just down to packing and moving my ass over there.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I don't get jealous of much, but people getting the heck out of any of the commie strongholds will do it. So awesome man (sighs) congrats.

· Registered
9,857 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I don't get jealous of much, but people getting the heck out of any of the commie strongholds will do it. So awesome man (sighs) congrats.
Thanks. It's been a long time coming. Just had to get debts paid off and money put away. Those finally came together, and interest rates were good, so made the jump before stuff over there get's too expensive and out of reach. Locked down 2.75% interest on a 30 year loan. Seller paid my closing costs :D

Reactions: Sandaholic

· Bangin' through the gears
5,521 Posts
Thanks. It's been a long time coming. Just had to get debts paid off and money put away. Those finally came together, and interest rates were good, so made the jump before stuff over there get's too expensive and out of reach. Locked down 2.75% interest on a 30 year loan. Seller paid my closing costs :D
Where did they move to? That is always my question when somebody slides into a nice spot.

· Registered
9,857 Posts
Where did they move to? That is always my question when somebody slides into a nice spot.
I dunno where the last occupants moved to..or if they did... Bought the house from an investment company. But when I went to do my car insurance, apparently some fairly old folks (in their 80s) had cars registered to that address at one point. So I wonder if they were moved to a rest home or maybe died and the kids sold the place to the investment firm? Not sure on that one. I am sure that plumbers around there are incompetent...

I asked for the sewage leaks and main water shutoff to be fixed by the seller via certified plumber.. And I asked for the sink to be fixed in the kitchen.

So it took 2 plumbers to get the sewage pipe in the basement fixed and not leaking anymore, and also 2 plumbers to get the main water shutoff replaced. (handle was broken off..first replaced it but left it leaking...second fixed that part)

Now where the second effed up... sure he fixed the reversed hoses and flushed the pipes under the kitchen sink...but he left it LEAKING...I found 5 leaks under that kitchen sink and a 6th in the basement ceiling directly under the kitchen sink...had to pull down drywall for that one. Both hot and cold pipes were leaking... Fixed the cold by tightening a bit more.. The hot side I had to cut the CPVC pipe and glue a new fitting on it, put a new shutoff, and new braided hose as the old one was twisted up and shot. Also had to re-seal both drains of the kitchen sink as both were leaking, and had to replace the drain trap and seals as that was leaking too...pretty much everything they touched started leaking. And the worst bit: inside the ceiling of the basement right under that sink where we saw signs of leaking to begin with: the sewer cleanout cap wasn't even remotely finger tight! I turned it a full turn by hand before even getting a wrench on it to turn it more. It was just leaking out water everywhere that came down the drain pipe from the kitchen sink. Luckily that drywall was a square cut out patch from previous access to that pipe so the ruined drywall came off clean. Just gotta cut a new square to cover it up again. Just blows my mind that a certified plumber can leave so many damn leaks everywhere, yet me: an IT guy; not a plumber/certified, fixed it all the right way and made damn sure it wasn't leaking. If I can figure it out and do a better job than a "professional," then that "pro" needs a career change cause he sucks at his job! LOL.

401 - 415 of 415 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.