Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
5,808 Posts
Actually, Loki, if you look right above the left outrigger, that rectangular box is a cooler with two fans on the other side of it.
Of course, since it's a cooler for the rear hydraulics, it doesn't help me cool off all that much. Except for the air being drawn past where I stand to operate the crane, right next to it.
That doesn't count. That's for the hydraulics, not for you. Until you use the crane to hold a fan nearby your work area, it doesn't count. Lol

Sent from my Pocket talket using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,154 Posts
Fair enough, Loki. If it gets much hotter than it's been here lately (in the 80s), I might just have to do something like that.
Come to think of it, those fans have never come on yet anyway.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
5,808 Posts
Im halfway expecting you to come back with a picture of you holding an industrial fan next to a lawn chair with you having a beer in it. But I feel ya on 80s not quite being hot enough. It's been in the mid to high 90s here lately and I'm tired of it. Weeks like this remind me why I wouldn't make it in Texas. Lol

Sent from my Pocket talket using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello. Merging toward pulling my transmission I had to drop my transfer case. I made a transfer case jig / platform.

Took a floor jack removed the top swivel plate put a piece of plywood on top and spend some time making and attaching some custom sized 2X4 blocks at good support locations (almost nothing is level on a transfer case). When the jig was made I attached it to the floor jack with one bolt where I estamated the center of gravity was. Now with a level flat surface I jacked the jig/plate up and pulled the transfer case. It was a breeze, no tipping etc.. My guess on the center of gravity was off a bit but it was close enough that a 70 year old guy did it by himself. When I re install the transfer case I will use the jig with a transmission jack as it keeps the case level.

·
Registered
12,154 Posts
Im halfway expecting you to come back with a picture of you holding an industrial fan next to a lawn chair with you having a beer in it.
Reading this reminded my that I do have a small "industrial fan". Then I wondered how the heck I'd get it out from the back of the garage for a photo.
Then I realized that I could...with the crane.

Nothing personal, Loki, but I'm not about to do that for your viewing pleasure. At least not until it gets into the 90s here. Which I sure hope it doesn't.
Heat and humidity? No, I wouldn't survive in Texas, either.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts