Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what should be done to run the HOT code, all i have so far is an afe mega cannon and the edge, where should i start changing? 2008 3500 6spd std.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Hot Unlock does not need much of anything.. As long as you are basicaly stock then it will work fine.. If you upgrade the injectors or somethign that will cause it to fuel even more then I would be more worried with egt temps... But for now you are good..

·
Registered
838 Posts
i'd do a dpf delete, you're probably gonna plug the filter, and if you do the dpf might as well do the egr as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You will be close to needing a new clutch. Mine does not hold my motor with the edge even on 3 and MP-8 on 100%. Might hold the hot unlock by itself though. I have not tried it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well i just got back from puttin in the hot code. It makes my truck smoke constant while on it. it never cleared up. I also hit 1500 right at about 60mph. This is with the mp cranked though too. But on level 5 i only hit about 1350 and it stops smoking right after i take off.

It is noticabley stronger then 5....i might be sucking some air in my fuel making it so much hotter!

Just keep an eye on those egt's!!

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
yellow is pushin a pretty heavy tire rim set up as i am and I would think the extra load is gonna give another 100 degrees on egt? or more.

·
Registered
171 Posts
meth injection.....

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I would not use the Hot Unlock unless you have the DPF deleted. You will just plug the filter up. Also start looking for a clutch. Mine would barely hold the Edge on 5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts