Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a early 04. Trying to see what people suggest on my next mod. Of course im looking for better fuel economy, and maybe even some more power. As of now- edge juice w/attitude. MBRP 4" exhaust. Airaid intake system/filter. and methinal injection kit. I was thinking probably injectors or turbo next? but wasnt sure and dont know to much about either one yet. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If you're looking for better mileage and performance a set of 50hp injectors would do both. Dont know if you have a fass pump or not, but id suggest that as well

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Turbo or injectors would be good but with a turbo you will need head studs. Like Gsxguy said, if you don't have a lift pump, you will need one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the factory lift pump in it as of now. I know I've heard of alot of people doing the fass pump. Any recomendations on which kit and where to buy it? Wheres a good place to buy injectors? I got the cash, and will order it up this week if I find the right deal. Thanks for the info.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
First things first! You NEED to replace the lift pump. There are quite a few choices...there's FASS, AirDOg, Eliminator, etc.. You can go to the "REQUEST A QUOTE" forum and tell them what you want/need and they'll give you some options and price quotes. :thumbsup

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you saying I need to do a lift pump, like now, with the mods I have. Or just make sure I do a lift pump before doing bigger injectors?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Well...without a fuel pressure gauge there's no way to tell for sure BUT the '03-04 (along with the 24v 2nd gens) are notorious for lift pump problems. Chances are you're stocker is barely keeping up with the Juice...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What PSI should my pump be pushing out and what is a oh sh*t to low PSI?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
What PSI should my pump be pushing out and what is a oh sh*t to low PSI?
The lift pumps on the 03-04.5 trucks are very poor at best. I would not be surprised if you were under 5 psi most of the time. Personally the next thing I would do it get a better lift pump in there, either fass, airdog, walbro or wd's eliminator..:thumbsup

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
I have a early 04. Trying to see what people suggest on my next mod. Of course im looking for better fuel economy, and maybe even some more power. As of now- edge juice w/attitude. MBRP 4" exhaust. Airaid intake system/filter. and methinal injection kit. I was thinking probably injectors or turbo next? but wasnt sure and dont know to much about either one yet. Any info would be great.
you really need to look at the tranny, VB at a minimum, and TC possibly a billit input shaft, the current combo you have will grenade a stock tranny. then after that is done do head studs, fuel pump and a turbo, then injectors. :thumbsup

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I should do a lift pump like now. When I turn my Edge to level 5, you can really feel the truck starving for fuel. It actually preforms better (torque and power) on level 4, as its getting better fuel. I looked into the fass 150. It looks like there are several diffrent ones though. Which one would you recomend for the mods that I have?

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Looks like I should do a lift pump like now. When I turn my Edge to level 5, you can really feel the truck starving for fuel. It actually preforms better (torque and power) on level 4, as its getting better fuel. I looked into the fass 150. It looks like there are several diffrent ones though. Which one would you recomend for the mods that I have?
the airdog is the best priced out right now and i think quality has improved over the fass set up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts