Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go with a MWFI VP44/FASS combo package. I have installed a 4" TBE from Silverline. I want to make a little more HP/Torque but not radical. I don't want to put a programmer on or mess with the turbo. Can I upgrade the injectors along with the VP44/FASS and keep the EGTs down?? I dont have any aftermarket gauges and this truck has to remain a DD and be reliable. I am not looking for any mods that will shorten the life of my cummins nor put any undue stress on any component. So basically mild to moderate is what I am looking for. Any ideas?? Once again thanks guys. okie332
:party018:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I know you said you didn't want a programmer but thats probably going to be your best bet.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
the first problem you'll run into will be the boost limiter of the stock truck. you need to add a boost fooler (electronic) to allow the turbo to boost above ~21lbs without setting a trouble code. most any of the mild boxes include a boost fooler. you also need to include a boost elbow (mechanical wastegate control for manual trans truck) to allow the wastegate to stay closed to a higher boost level.
better mpg, better power, MUCH better drivability... what's the downside? as long as you don't start down the road to 800hp, you'll be fine!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Go with an Edge Juice with Attitude. It has all the gauges you will need including fuel pressure and it will display them on a nice size screen. You can set warnings so if a certain parameter is too high/low it will let you know. It will also add power and is very reliable and isnt going to lessen the life of your truck and if so very very little.

·
Registered
496 Posts
did ya go straight pipe.. on the 4 inch
quad adreniline.... will wake it up..........

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I go with a small box (edge ez) before doing injectors, I ran an edge ez and 80hp injectors, it was a good combination, excellent power and mileage.....but my suggestion is to go with the edge J/A as the previous poster stated, power plus gauges that can safeguard your engine. if nothing else you absuletely need a fuel gauge to keep an eye on your fuel systems health, even the high end pumps can and do fail, ask me I know! My truck is used as a daily driver and its reliable safe power with a J/A, just to give you an idea of how much of a daily driver it is, I added up all my fuel reciepts for last yr and I spent 15,000$ for fuel only....heck I paid 14,000 for the truck 2yrs ago!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts