Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying this truck and I need to know what kind of lift it has.

Not too familiar with Dodge trucks so maybe someone with more experience can give some input.

The tires are 33x12.5.. to me it doesn't look like more than a couple inches of lift. Possible levelling kit?

I'd like to know because its possible I will have to return it to stock if I purchase it (for inspection reasons).

If it has just a levelling kit what would be involved or required to return it to stock height?

Thanks
Anton

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
None. There's no spacer in the front and it looks like stock height. Cummins + bumper = saggy front and jacked-up looking rear.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Yup. Doesn't look like it has any lift. Welcome to the world of Dodge!!! They sit higher than other brands. Especially them bowties!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm gonna go with no lift. That's a good looking truck there. I thought the lift heights had to be much greater for them to not pass an inspection?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Truck has no lift, in addition why in the world would it fail inspection with just a level kit on it anyway?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I ended up buying the truck. I'm glad to hear it has no lift, I'd rather start with a somewhat stock truck anyway.

The reason a lift may have been an issue is because it will have to pass 2 inspections in Canada and whether or not they would hassle me about a small lift I'm not sure. Tires are easy enough to swap for inspection.

Anton

·
Registered
535 Posts
canadian inspection aint that bad, just dont go to a big chain store like CT or mufflerman because they go BY THE BOOK and tear your stuff apart because they want to make money fixin it. my first truck had 35s and stacks and it passed and just inspected my 98 today with a level kit and 33's and stacks. no problem at all. (my name says buffalo but i live and go to school in canada)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well I ended up buying the truck. I'm glad to hear it has no lift, I'd rather start with a somewhat stock truck anyway.

The reason a lift may have been an issue is because it will have to pass 2 inspections in Canada and whether or not they would hassle me about a small lift I'm not sure. Tires are easy enough to swap for inspection.

Anton
Congrats on the new truck thats a good looking 2nd gen.:thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts