Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who makes the best leveling kit for my truck in the signature? are they all about the same? how much am i looking to spend? will i fit 35's on 17in wheels with it? :confused013:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just got mine on ebay from HBS as well, damn good price ($65) and really good customer service, looks like a quality product too but I have yet to install them.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Try doing a search before posting, theres 100's of topics like this one already out there

do it right, get some springs not spacers and a thuren track bar, and some drop swaybar brackets. or if you go with spacers atleast get the tracbar and drop brackets.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try doing a search before posting, theres 100's of topics like this one already out there

do it right, get some springs not spacers and a thuren track bar, and some drop swaybar brackets. or if you go with spacers atleast get the tracbar and drop brackets.
is a 2 in leveling kit going to throw off the geometry of it all that much? i get mixed reviews on this issue. some say everything will fall apart and others have had no problems. you say do it right and get some springs, who makes those and what am i lookin at $$$ wise. i dont have have a problem spending money, if NEEDED, but i cant get a clear perspective on this issue. thanks tho! anymore help is much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
is a 2 in leveling kit going to throw off the geometry of it all that much? i get mixed reviews on this issue. some say everything will fall apart and others have had no problems. you say do it right and get some springs, who makes those and what am i lookin at $$$ wise. i dont have have a problem spending money, if NEEDED, but i cant get a clear perspective on this issue. thanks tho! anymore help is much appreciated!
That's a tough quesion to answer.
I think many of us on here or on any other forum are more anal or picky than the average person.
I called 2 good alignment shops near me, they tell me there's nothing wrong with spacer, they actually install them. I asked about a track bar and they both said it's not worth worrying about.

I went with spacers, new Bilstein 5100's front and back. I got a pair of Kore sway bar blocks from Spankdog for a great price. I'll be adding a steering brace to help out the sterring box with my new 35's.

Maybe when my sway bar bushings go I'll get an adjustable one or try Lazar Smith's offset bushings but the Thuren bars seem awful pricey.

I bought a 1 ton expecting a 1 ton ride that I can live with, I can't justify spending what the Carli or Thuren leveling kits go for. Sure they might have a softer ride, more travel etc but if my rear is still sprung like a stock 1 ton what's the point?
Don't get me wrong, if I had $5,000 or more to redo both front and rear suspensions I'd do it for sure, but that's pretty much as much as I've got into my truck with all my goodies.

·
Registered
10,758 Posts
A Carli leveling kit includes soft ride coils,new endlinks and longer Bilstein shocks. Top it off with a Thuren/Carli trackbar and you've got a new truck.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ya it does, When raising the front, the trac bar is raised, causing the front end to get pulled to the drivers side. This puts alot of pressure on stock track bar, and causes bind with the control arms. Everything is now off kilter. Some say this could cause the death wobble. The spacers DO work, but the ride will greatly be improved to the fullest with all the correct parts working together. Kore has leveling proggresive rate spring for a good price. I have a set of kore drop brackets for swaybar if you want. pm me.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very interesting info. i reckon i should rethink all this! haha (yes, i just said reckon) anyhow** thanks iceman! ill get in touch with you about them!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I will just tell you what i have and you can take from it what you want. i have superlift 2" replacement springs with a 2" ready lift spacers on top of that with new superlift front and rear shocks w/ superlift dual shock steering dampener.I also have firestone airbags on the rear to help with ride height and towing. I have had this setup with 35" tires for almost two years now and have no problems AT ALL. I will eventually swap all this for a complete 6" lift and 37" tires but for now this is a good setup for me.
BTW i also have the superlift select series traction bars arriving today to help with rear wheel hop and traction, hopefully i will get them installed this weekend.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
interesting! i just cant decide what to do... about makes me wanna leave it alone haha... :engarde:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would say whatever setup you decide to go with, i would absolutely install a set of steering dampeners. I have a buddy with a 2" level kit (spacers) and 33x12.50 tires w/out a steering dampener and his truck sways back and forth in the road all the time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
or go with a fox, Thuren valves his fox sterring for the dodges, to much valving on a single might cause pushing

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put on front leveler spacers in 04 It is a 3500 4x4. They have performed just fine! All else is stock. I have gotten 40 grand on the last set of BFGs, stock tires and rims. I just wanted the truck to be level with no other worrys. Tracks right, no death wobble, best hundred bucks I ever spent.

·
Cummins Nut
292 Posts
If you really are just looking to run 35s a stock 4x4s ride will clear 35s no problem and it does not rub at all. Thats what I did for a little while until I ordered the KORE Hp series kit with thuren track bar and steering stabilizer. But I only did that cause I wanted a better ride.

Jon

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ok, i can pay the $70 to get just the leveling kit. how much more am i looking at to do it right with the extra components? i dont know much about all this. is the KORE HP leveling kit the one i should be getting? anyone else make one for a better price? i know 385 isnt that bad IF its exactly what i need... thanks!!! how much are the thurn track bars and steering stabilizer? is it totally necessary?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've got the Hell Bent 2 inch spacers and Rough Country shocks and stabilizer. No ride problems or wobble.It's a safe bet it will be out of line at least some. Have it checked just for good measure.A good line up is cheaper than new tires and parts every 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have a redy lift on mine I love it my buddy has a carli they are both really nice IMO

·
Cummins Nut
292 Posts
For the price and quality of Components that Kore has I would go with them. Especially if you plan on doing some off roading. And the track bar and steering stabilizer is a must I think, Especially for bigger tires.

Jon

·
Registered
49 Posts
rough country's 2.5 inch levelin kit!!! i would upgrade shcoks while ur at it!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts