Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at turbo's alot and can't figure out witch one i need? Like alot of people i have bought the banks 6 gun tuner with PDA and from them they don't recommend anything. I want my truck to be stout and run like a scalded cat but just don't know what to put on it? What about injectors, bigger fuel pump, bigger ram, intercooler.? All this sounds good but will it do the job? What do yall recommend?:peelout

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Your boost is directly related to how much fuel you can feed the engine. Your good with the stock injectors and innercooler up to about 500 rwhp. A new/better fuel lift pump is an early priorty to make sure you have a good supply to your injector pump.

As far a turbos go, I run an SPS-62. It is a good all around turbo. Get's me 50# if I fuel it hard. The Silver Bullit is a good one also. Depends on what you want to spend.

Randy

·
Registered
317 Posts
Watch your intercooler on high boost numbers. The '05 came with plastic intercooler boots that can rupture. I don't think the Banks will fuel hard enough for high numbers either. But the more fuel that goes in, the more boost you get...

Zach

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
I have been looking at turbo's alot and can't figure out witch one i need? Like alot of people i have bought the banks 6 gun tuner with PDA and from them they don't recommend anything. I want my truck to be stout and run like a scalded cat but just don't know what to put on it? What about injectors, bigger fuel pump, bigger ram, intercooler.? All this sounds good but will it do the job? What do yall recommend?:peelout
:welcome:

Fill out your sig if you get a second so we can see what you got. What transmission? Cause that will have be addressed before the turbo. A good lift pump, eg Fass, airdog, walbro etc etc would help you out right now:thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts