Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious on what kind of power your guys are throwing at your STOCK 47rh's????

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Lets put it this way. Dodge wouldn't mate the 47RE with the 305 HP engine in 2003 when it came out. You had to wait for the 48RE in mid year before you could get an auto with the 305 HP.

·
Registered
450 Posts
if you want a 2wd tranny, go to a local bus garage and see what they have to sell, you can usually pick up a bus cheap, 700 to 1000 bucks or so with the allison auto in it that will bolt right up to your cummins and you have everything you need to do the swap....might even make money when you go to scrap in the rest of the bus, i know we are going to be selling some buses here before the year ends in wisconsin

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually already have an allison 545 in my truck now. It shifts kinda strange, it has a really long first gear and short second plus its only a 4 speed so im screeming rpm with the 4.10's out back. Im thinking about trying to run a stock 47rh for a bit til I can afford to buy or have one built

·
Registered
60 Posts
i have a 47rh in my 95. when i bought it it had a #5 fuel plate (255hp 650ftlbs) in it and had a messed up pump. the manufacturer says that the #5 is too much for these trannies and thats y my pump was bad. the #6 plate is the next lowest rating at 230hp 605ftlbs. and is what i have now with a #6 plate. its plenty of power for what i use it for.

·
Banned
397 Posts
their is a five speed allison in the commercial truck parts on ebay

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not to hi-jack, but how would one know what kind of tranny he's got. I bought a 96 12v auto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts