Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of injectors should i get i want some that will puch black msoke but i dont want them to be rediculose in price

· Registered
2,665 Posts
You can get cheap injectors that will smoke more but if your going for big HP numbers you cant go wrong with name brand injectors like DDP or F1

· Registered
41 Posts
i bought edge stage 5 jammers but they dont make them anymore. They give you a lot of smoke and a lot of power they are 150 over stock at the rear wheels

· Registered
2,392 Posts
I gotta agree, get a lift pump and guages before you even think about injectors. But when the time comes, FBD has great prices and great quality products

· Premium Member
21,579 Posts
not to sound rude........but a bunch of black smoke is bad. this draws attention in the wrong way. but if you want a good deal coaltrain or FBD are 2 good places to go. i would upgrade on a lift pump and maybe some gauges. mine never go above 1250* and i love em

· Crayola spokesperson
6,407 Posts
black smoke is kewl but not the best if you can clean up the smoke your runnin effeciant and make the most power black smoke it just unburned fuel...but i would go with coaltrain or farmboys...

· Banned
544 Posts
Coaltrain, Fireball Pro's, New Era, DDP just to name a Few.... you dont want to skimp on quality

· Registered
963 Posts
To make smoke you need more fuel,more fuel higher EGT's,then bigger turbo,then a billet trans . In other words you need big $$$$. Probably the cheapest is a smoke switch. Although it is quite fun to chase the money then accomplish the goal! its so addictive:lol4::shock:

· Registered
3 Posts
ive got a question?

I just finished putting a hx35w 14cm housing on my truck and now my boost numbers are in the 22-24 range and it a little doggy is it time for bigger injectors to help booost the turbo? the old hy i could get up just past 30 but towing with it the egts would get high i dont want to overfuel it and end up right back to square one is there a good injector that wont kill my egts with this set up.
also just installed 3 piece manifold new intercooler tubes and cfm intake elbow.:confused013:

· Banned
544 Posts
I'm a big fan of DDP's. But I would adress the lift pump so you have plently of fuel to feed those sticks.

James
RSD

Airdog 150 or Fass 150 and your good to go :thumbsup:

· Mule Barn Proprietor
11,778 Posts
I just finished putting a hx35w 14cm housing on my truck and now my boost numbers are in the 22-24 range and it a little doggy is it time for bigger injectors to help booost the turbo? the old hy i could get up just past 30 but towing with it the egts would get high i dont want to overfuel it and end up right back to square one is there a good injector that wont kill my egts with this set up.
also just installed 3 piece manifold new intercooler tubes and cfm intake elbow.:confused013:
The 14cm housing is gonna take a bit more to spool than the 9cm housing you used to have. Does the HX35 have and adjustable boost elbow on it? If not, it probably just your wastegate opening like its supposed to.:thumbsup:

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
The 14cm housing is gonna take a bit more to spool than the 9cm housing you used to have. Does the HX35 have and adjustable boost elbow on it? If not, it probably just your wastegate opening like its supposed to.:thumbsup:
Like he said it will be slower to spool with the 14cm housing, if you add more fuel its probably gonna get warm when towing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.