Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What amsoil are you guys using? I just had my dealer do the 7500 oil change, and after 350 miles it looks like dirt... I have my dpf in now, but plan to take it out again, when i get my 5" tbe here. Those things gotta be killing engines...

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
5w30 premium diesel synthetic!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The DPF isn't what's making your engine oil dirty. It's the EGR that blows the soot back into the engine. It doesn't matter which oil you use, if you leave your EGR in place the oil will be black after a couple miles, which doesn't mean it's not working good anymore.

5w30 premium diesel synthetic!
There's only 5W-40 and 15W40 premium diesel synthetic. I'm running the 5W-40 Premium.

·
Registered
225 Posts
whats the difference in 5w and 15w because in the owners manual it says to use 15

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
The DPF isn't what's making your engine oil dirty. It's the EGR that blows the soot back into the engine. It doesn't matter which oil you use, if you leave your EGR in place the oil will be black after a couple miles, which doesn't mean it's not working good anymore.

There's only 5W-40 and 15W40 premium diesel synthetic. I'm running the 5W-40 Premium.
my bad dude, i meant 5w40. im picking 3 gallons up tomorrow for my second oil change. i went 24000 miles on my first change. no egr system and lots of highway miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts