Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am new here... I have a question for you all. I came across an AMAZING deal on a 04 cummins, I mean unheared of deal. I was supposed to get it this weekend, but it sounds like it may fall through... anyway, I had a guy come in my garage with a 1997 dodge cummins 4x4 dually. He just moved here from nevada, which is where the truck is from. It has 0 rust. 160k miles, automatic, ext cab... anyway I told him if he ever sold it too let me know, I would be interested. Well as it turns out he is thinking about selling. If the 04 does not pan out, what is a 1997 cummins like that worth, roughly? the paint is nice, it is a squared away truck, no mods. I just dont know what something like that may go for... thank you for your advise, and I understand it is tough without seeing it. it has no mechanical issues that are known of...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Is it the 12V or the 24V, think they were both available that year?

Price is going to vary by location but seems like in SoCal it would be around 10-13K

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly I really dont know if it is 12 or 24... I just did a sticker on it, and remember being amazed how clean the thing was. He said he would be looking in the 8k range, which seems like a good deal. I really appreciate your input!

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
97 was a 12v and if it's like you say I would think $8k would be more than fair

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it seems like a good buy. The main thing is the rust, which this has none. Boy life in maine is hard on them with the liquid calcium they use on the roads. So too find a nice one is pretty rare... I am still holding out for the 2004 2500 but I will know about that this weekend. It is a florida truck,57k miles and I can buy it for 14k. It is like new in every way. But, well see in a few days.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yes, it seems like a good buy. The main thing is the rust, which this has none. Boy life in maine is hard on them with the liquid calcium they use on the roads. So too find a nice one is pretty rare... I am still holding out for the 2004 2500 but I will know about that this weekend. It is a florida truck,57k miles and I can buy it for 14k. It is like new in every way. But, well see in a few days.
Sounds like 04 is one of those internet deals, when you send them money first and they deliver it to your door few days later. Or never.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can see why you would say that. It is an estate truck, I used too work for the owner but unfortunately he passed away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts