Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great grandpa took it off before he got too old to work on it and now he’s gone and I cant ask him. seems to go on top of the fuel/water separator.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Its the fuel heater supposed to help heat the fuel before it reaches the injectors on cold starts no need for it as there is all sorts of fuel sitting in the lines after it. gramps knew what he was doing when he took it off probably was leaking or letting air into the system

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the fuel heater supposed to help heat the fuel before it reaches the injectors on cold starts no need for it as there is all sorts of fuel sitting in the lines after it. gramps knew what he was doing when he took it off probably was leaking or letting air into the system
Thanks a lot, couldn’t find it anywhere online.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Thanks a lot, couldn’t find it anywhere online.
I’m surprised it was kept. Put it where it belongs, in the trash!!!!! Unless gramps would have wanted you to hang onto it of course. In all reality there is zero reason to keep it.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Unless you live somewhere where the temps get friggin cold in the winter and you drive the truck daily....then you might want to use it. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Unless you live somewhere where the temps get friggin cold in the winter and you drive the truck daily....then you might want to use it. ;)
Except it does absolutely nothing to help the truck start.... it was added to help with emissions not to help in the cold. The only time my fuel ever gelled on me I still had that heater and it worked but didn’t stop gelling in the filter.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
The one on my motor is a 2nd Gen unit and although I have no quantifiable data to confirm if it makes any difference, I will keep it plugged in just in case...;)

Reactions: myother4x4isaCJ7

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
The one on my motor is a 2nd Gen unit and although I have no quantifiable data to confirm if it makes any difference, I will keep it plugged in just in case...;)
Those ones may be a bit more effective since they heat the fuel before the filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts