Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the latest ECM flash for a 2008? My truck is scheduled in at the dealership on Thursday and was wondering what the current flash is and what is it supposed to help with.

I am currently on the AS flash.

· Registered
15 Posts
Im not sure about the ECM but I know there are alot of PCM flashes out there. I have Just over 12k miles than the MIL lights started. on, off, on, off, than in for service. flashed the pcm to the AW flash. Few hundred miles later same thing,
Drill and clean turbo, clean upstream o2 sensor and replaced the downstream sensor and another flash on the PCM to the AX.

· Registered
15 Posts
Why was your truck flashed?

· Registered
861 Posts
was told ax as well and on worksheet but this was over a mnth ago and belive there was a newer flash out

· Registered
861 Posts
mine was done as l hadnt had any since l bought the truck..lost mpg at start but seems to be back to normal if not better...havent realy had opp to see yet

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the truck back last night. They installed the AX flash. Truck is running fine but have not driven enough to tell if there are any noticable improvements.

· Registered
225 Posts
Just had the AX flash installed today. I was told that it was necessary with the turbo cleaning done today as well. Only thing I noticed was slightly higher temps while underway (100 deg. F) higher on average.

· Registered
553 Posts
I just had the dealer look at mine today, i'm up to date, AX I think, i have not had one problem at all, 3000 miles so far, not one regen message, nothin. Loving the truck, I'm sure i will love it more when the BM comes out for it, but for now, no complaints.

· Registered
464 Posts
The dealers have been requested by Chrysler, to conduct a calibration update; when in for service: regardless of why the truck is at the dealer. Warranty Bulletin D-09-12 (maybe able to Google) I have a copy of the bulletin.

· Registered
464 Posts
I did not ask on my last visit.I understand that new calibrations are updated routinely as the software is updated. They plug in a laptop(Ethernet) to the truck, will respond that updates for the VIN are available, if so, tech initiates. 10 min, done deal. My truck was calibrated in Jan, again two weeks ago,oil change visit, (I have the oil/lube package,cheap) Warranty Bulletin D-0912 dated June 2009.
To: Dealer Principal, Service Mgr, Parts Mgr and Warranty Claims Administrator.
Purpose: To announce a change in policy regarding electronic control module"Service Flash" updates wiTECH
Timing: Immediately
Background: In an effort to delight the customer and enhance the experience on the Service Drive, we are now promoting the usage of wiTech to pro-actively provide the customer with the latest module software available for their vehicle at every service visit, without waiting for a specific symptom to occur. This action supersedes the previous policy requiring that a customer wait for a specific symptom before executing a flash operation.
Apparently, the code title(flash) is meaningless. If you go for service, they hook it up: YOU GET IT.As outlined above,my truck was calibrated in Jan, again in Mar this year. The remaining body of the bulletin, is tech stuff pertaining to warranty application etc and wiTECH. I never ask what this or that is.(truck performs great) I don't care because I am stock.Not positive; but by refusing performance enhancing updates may impact the warranty in some way? Probably could call a dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.