Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
dont do it!!! they most likely wont hook it up to the machine anyways. just change your filter and fluid as normal.

much safer

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
think mine was around 120 dollars

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine was $189.00. Since the flush, filter, and bands adjustment my lockup from park ain't as harsh. No difference in shifting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I work for a dealer in Houston and we do not recommend it. Just follow the service intervals and you will be fine. The mopar ATF4 is a full synthitic and it is the best fluid we have found the chrysler transmissions. Do not let some one sell you a trans flush. It is a waste of money.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Mopar ATF+4 is not a group IV synthetic, it’s a group III fluid with a Lubrizol additive mixed in. For more information about Mopar ATF read this from Allpar: Chrysler transmission fluids: 7176, ATF+3, ATF+4
===============================================
Group I base oils can have a mix of different hydrocarbon chains, with relatively little uniformity; these oils are the least refined. They are usually not used for autos.

Group II are the most common base oils in “dino juice,” with good performance in most areas except cold temperature viscosity.

Group III are called synthetic, and have high molecular uniformity and stability. Group III oil bases are used in most synthetic oils.

Group IV are chemically engineered stocks, arguably with the highest performance and longevity.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The shop I go to uses a fluid exchanger, not a "flusher". As the old fluid comes out, the new fluid goes in. The trans does all of the pumping. No pressurizing or back flushing. I'm at 80K with two of these services(30K & 75K) done and the trans still shifts like new. Trans service is the only thing I have taken my truck to a shop for in years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts