Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the best box/programmer that will give me good power but also give me the best mileage. What do you all think would be the best?

·
Registered
10,349 Posts
Smarty

Sr for huge performance and adjustability, and Jr for mild increases above stock...

·
Registered
220 Posts
smarty or ppe

·
Banned
516 Posts
SMARTY all the way!

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
mdrnizd, I've been asking the same question for my 04.5 and it seems like the overwhelming response is the Smarty! I guess I need to get off the fence and "git-er-done"!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Here is a post I made on a different thread concerning 04.'s

This is a bit long, but i thought it might be informitive. Started off with the Edge Juice w/ Attitude. Definite power increase, MPG went up 1.5ish on setting 3/5, and even on 5/5 EGT's weren't bad. I then stacked with a Diablo Puck and the bottm end woke up, EGT's not horribly bad. The Puck by itself was mostly unnoticeable, no MPG increase noticed. Traded in the Puck for a Quad Race box with a fuel only tune (pre X2). Bottom end of the Juice really woke up, but EGT's on WOT were too high with both boxes turned up. Set the Juice on 3/1 and the Quad on 1 and saw almost 2 MPG's. Added the Diablo Predator to the mix. Power was awesome, but EGT's were way outta control, no matter how they were stacked. The Diablo was just used for when I knew I was gonna race somebody. Then I upgraded to the Hot Juice. Felt alot like the Diablo RKL tune, but a bit smoother over all. The Juice had less smoke than the RKL, but a bit less bottom end too. The EGT's on the hot Juice were cooler, but still got up to 1450 awefully fast. I now have the Smarty with the Revo TNT set on #7, TQ 3, Timing 2, RP 2, shift defuel and wastegate stock. It runs harder, faster, and way smoother than ever before. I may turn it down to #5 to lessen any wear and tear. Oh yeah, the X2 is on 1 with a fuel only tune also. One tank of fuel gone and I'm at right around 18 MPG's. I think the Juice, X2, or the Predator would of been fine EGT wise by itself, but when stacked I needed some extra turbo. It was fun playin around with them all, but I now kinda wish I just started with a Smarty

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
i have seen an increase of 2 mpg if i keep my foot out of it and tons of smooth power smarty all the way

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
get the smarty!!!! we have all bought other ones and had to then get the smarty.. I wish i would have done it on the first go around....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
475 Posts
My smarty will be here tomorrow, and even before I get it I'll say "get a smarty":lol3:

·
Registered
477 Posts
i have seen an increase of 2 mpg if i keep my foot out of it and tons of smooth power smarty all the way

I agree...Smarty level 5, if I can stay out of it, I can see between 1 to 2 mpg better...hand calc

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
With my Edge juce/Attitude I have seen a gain of over 3 MPG on the HWY & prob 1-2 in the city.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had the edge and did not notice a fuel mileage increase no matter how I drove it on any setting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts