Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this could be an interesting topic just to show what everyone wants for their trucks. There never is an end to it, just a lack of time and money but mostly money. Here is mine...

Things i'm actually going to do this year (i think)
-hx35 turbo
-sdx 5x14 injectors
-low pressure piston pump
-new front leaf springs to get rid of that sag

Id also like to get new rocker panels and a box but they are on the back burner as well as a borgeson steering shaft.

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Soon . . . .

- A more secure driver's seat as compared to stock.
- A real roll-bar in the cab.
- Perhaps a 5-point seat belt. Something better than the original minimum.
- A driveshaft safety loop.

· Registered
1,156 Posts
I thought this could be an interesting topic just to show what everyone wants for their trucks. There never is an end to it, just a lack of time and money but mostly money. Here is mine...

-hx35 turbo
-sdx 5x14 injectors

Id also like to get new rocker panels and a box but they are on the back burner as well as a borgeson steering shaft.
I wouldn't recommend an HX35 on an intercooled truck, unless you are getting it for next to nothing. An HX35 is barely bigger than the stock intercooled H1C, and with the 5X.014's your planning on getting, you won't be able to cool them. I'd go straight to a Super HX40, or an S300. :thumbsup:

My list is mostly cosmetic stuff, I'm pretty content with 160hp. :doh:

Topper for the bed
Better running boards
Rams Head for the hood
New paint job
Goerend converter
Low pressure piston lift pump
Find a way to hook up my factory tach to my truck

· Registered
2,578 Posts

-hx35 turbo
-sdx 5x14 injectors

if you can get the hx35 cheap, get it. then later put a 60mm comp upgrade on it for like 200 bucks and there ya go. a cheap hx35/40 hybrid:thumbsup:

· Registered
2,570 Posts
PS intercooler
3" cooler tubes.
Goerend converter
HP PLP/fuel delivery.
Gauges
Paint
suspension

I'd be surprised if I was able to get/afford any of it to be honest. But a man can dream can't he? :D

· Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't recommend an HX35 on an intercooled truck, unless you are getting it for next to nothing. An HX35 is barely bigger than the stock intercooled H1C, and with the 5X.014's your planning on getting, you won't be able to cool them. I'd go straight to a Super HX40, or an S300. :thumbsup:
I dont have money for a better turbo. i still have stock exhaust. right now im not sure if im getting 5x12 or 5x14's so i figured id dream big. i still cant hit 1100º pre turbo and 25 pounds of boost.

· Registered
487 Posts
-a HT3b under my HX40
-air locker for the front end
-NOS or meth
-bigger weight rack for front end
-more LED'S:thumbsup:

· Registered
192 Posts
hopely this summer i will have a

62/65/12 turbo
ddp4 injectors
and built auto or manuel swap

· Registered
807 Posts
me, injectors, pump head, built trans, cam, valve springs, posi, ive got a piston lift just gota find a seal and install it. maby water/meth or propaine. and theres more floating around in my head but like JB said figured ide dream, it dont hurt.

· Registered
372 Posts
hx40
larger injectors
pulse manifold ( sitting in the living room, has become a door stop, lol )
4 inch down pipe ( other door . . . )
2nd gen intercooler and radiator, mandrel bent aluminum boost pipes

24 valve and p-pump swap ( waiting to pick up the donner 24v )

47rh ( in the garage, needs to be rebuilt )

6 inch springs under the front end, 2 inch under rear, shackle flip in the rear.
traction bars front and rear,
pulling hitch in the rear
fab front and rear bumpers

the interior is going black with green stitching
the exterior is going to be black, with a satin black hood, and green badges.

oh and im going to be building 4 or 6 inch flared fenders and bed sides ( all steel )

· Premium Member
243 Posts
Fixing the heat/ac control unit (it jus slides around n doesn't do anything)
HX35
6 or 7 inch bull haulers
and biuld my new wood flatbed
and 5% tints all the way around
oh yeah and a radio again
that's it for me

· Registered
319 Posts
you high HP guys are missing some building blocks, like studs and 60lb springs. thats next on my list and i"ll get the KDP done at the same time then ddp4"s or 5X14's with a super HX40.

"i hope you brought your wood screws, 'cause i'm gonna blow your doors totally off"

· Registered
319 Posts
i like working on my truck, but i'll pay a shop for that stuff. i figure it'll be at least a full day of professional brain surgery.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.