Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 regular cab long box with a 5 speed, the truck is completely stock so can ytou figure out what gears I have with the following details

Tires are 30" x 10" wide on 16" rim

At 1750 rpm - 100km/h
2000 rpm - 110km/h
2250 rpm - 120km/h
2500 rpm - roughly 140 km/h

Any one have any ideas

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Night time bump

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Night time bump..............

·
Registered
562 Posts
You can "google" for Tire size calculators, speed calculators, gear ratio calculators and come up with a lot of results. Thats a pretty strange tire size, short and wide??? You will need to make sure of the tire size and be pretty accurate. A bald tire vs a new tire can give you the difference of 3.54 to 3.73. Advertised tire size is sometimes off too.

The closest possible one I found with the specs you provided are 3.73. I doubt you have this ratio since it was not a factory offering, but someone could have changed it. Factory offering was 3.54/4.10.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok sorry to be exact there a 265/75/16 and when I measurend they were roughly 30 inches tall maybe a 31" tire?

·
Registered
562 Posts
If you dont know the trans ratios here they are, you really only need 4th to calculate though. 47RH/RE-48RE 1st: 2.45, 2nd: 1.45, 3rd: 1.00, 4th: 0.69. Use 1:1 or 1 if transfer case ratio is asked.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I havea 5 speed, do u know the nv4500 ratios

·
Registered
562 Posts
That tire size breaks down to 31.6", you might actually have 4.10's I will give you a link to a pretty decent calculator, all you will need to do is enter 5 of 6 specs to get whatever you need, and then convert MPH/KPH . I gave you the trans ratios above

4Lo.com :: Final Gear Ratio, Crawl Ratio, Tire Size Calculators

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I appreciate it but aren't the auto and manual trans have different ratios?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Oops, I missed that part! sorry. here is the Dodge NV 4500 ratios

First Gear 5.61
Second Gear 3.04
Third Gear 1.67
Fourth Gear 1.00
Fifth Gear 0.73
Reverse 5.61

·
Registered
622 Posts
Easiest way, lift up rear tires. Rotate the pinion by hand, and see how many times it takes to spin the tire ONE revolution. 4.1 times, 4:10. 3.54 times... well you get the idea. As far as I know that's a sure fire way to tell. Or just look at the stamp on the diff.

For what it's worth it looks like you have a 3:54 judging by your speed at 2k RPM. In my 4:10s I was barely at 60.

-J

·
Registered
14 Posts
And if it's not on the hood, you can go to the dealer and ask for a build spec sheet. Not only will it give you your gear ration, but also axles, any options the truck came with, any options that were deleted etc. All you need to give them is the VIN. It really helps out in the long run and it is free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts