Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What is going on???

555 4
My truck starting acting up the other day when i was driving. It didint want to shift gears onces it got up to about 35mph and the engine would start to drop Rpms like it not running and you can have the gas pedel to the floor and it doesnt do anything. It only cuts out for a coulpe of seconds. Then it will take back off but it still will not shift gears.
It will run ok for a little bit and then another times it doesnt. I unhooked the the batterys for like 45mins the other day and it ran ok for about a day.
Any help would be great Thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Sounds like dead pedal indicating a bad injection pump. Possibility it could be a bad Apps as well. Check for codes and let us know if any come up.

Reactions: MichaelMcK

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like dead pedal indicating a bad injection pump. Possibility it could be a bad Apps as well. Check for codes and let us know if any come up.

'

thanks alot but i checked the codes and it didnt have any. I am having trouble with my Comp box not turning on or off.

· Registered
5,245 Posts
sounds like a dieing APPS, reset the APPS, and see if that helps it, but it seem like its going out, see Moparmans website for fixes.

· Registered
157 Posts
i had that problem once had a cracked manifold and it plugged the air filter with the soot it was acually sucking the rubber seal off the filter and threw the engine it was a very bad deal so far seems like it didnt hurt anything but LUCKY it didnt done that 4 or five months ago

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.