·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a silencer ring and what does it do

·
Registered
212 Posts
Its a little ring inside the front side of your turbo that "dampens" the turbo whistle. Removing it creates more turbo whistle in the cab but no diffrence through the exhaust.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and also how much louder does it make the whistle and can you tell in side the cab

·
Registered
124 Posts
its a ring you give your girlfriend to make her shut up....

oh but its a piece of tin basically on the turbo.. its held in by a PITA snap ring. Get the snapring out and get the silencer ring. Or in my case... carefully with a pair of pliers... mine isn't going back in...

and it adds more of a "woosh" sound with an intake. noticable.. and some find it annoying.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you put it back in if you get sick of it and is it hard to get too. and do you have to take the turbo out

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i just have to take off the air intake

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is that a joke... will i hear a diffrence and is it worth it

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
ya dude you can here a bit of difference. and yes you can put it back on if you get sick of it... a lot of peeps take them out... no hp gains just strictly sound IMO

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet i will try it tomarrow and let you guys know how it whent for me and how i like it

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did it and i love it i can really hear it when im on the freeway i wish now my exhaust was not as loud

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what is there to make it louder a biger turbo or what

·
Registered
200 Posts
Stick your head inside the engine compartment and get someone to stomp on it.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Does your air intake "Truflow xdi air intake" replace the factory intake tubing or just the box and filter? The reason I ask is because the straight part of the factory intake tube has a silencer in it that, when removed, will actually increase the turbo whistle more than the removal of the silencer ring.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good one that classic!!! :lol4:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i Have know idea how can i tell

·
Banned