·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An inspection on my truck said that is needed a DRL Module
and a brake flush.
Does anyone know what a DRL module is?
HOw about where it is located?
Does Mr. Lube do brake flush or is a "do it yourself"?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
i think drl means daytime running lights and thats what controls them...i didnt think these trucks had daytime runners unless im completely wrong. but as for a brake line flush it can be done with 2 people unless you get yourself a speed bleeder, the hardest part is getting out the bleed screw, 50% of the time they come out and the other half they just break off, at least my rear cylinders broke off , ended up just getting new ones alot easier and fairly cheap, but essentially all you do is loosen or take out the brake bleeders from the calipers and rear cylinders and pump the pedal to get all old fluid out, then run some fresh fluid through to flush it all out, once the fuid coming out from all 4 is clean start to tighten up the bleeders or at least put um back in of you took um out, i start at the farthest away from the master cylinder and close up all the valves except the one your working on and have someone pump until just fluid is coming out and no air then tighten. and repeat on all of them, and then go back around and have someone pump while you loosen um again just to make sure all air is out...and thats pretty much it in a nutshell

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
Unless there are some states with different laws I think DRL are only required in Canada.
Canadian trucks came stock with DRL.
The module is on the driver's side fender under the hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts