Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

3861 - 3874 of 3874 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took off my egr valve assembly soaked it in purple power and cleaned it reassemble it dryied it out put new gaskets on and reattached it

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Finally got around to installing the 6" intake. It was a very tight fit. And the bolts I had for the maf sensor were too big so need to find the correct size but doesnt look like itll fall out.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Got some work done this afternoon. Had a snow storm come through last week and couldn't do anything.
New amplifier is in

Upgraded the factory alternator cable to some oversized 0ga

And replaced the factory battery terminal with a distrabution block

Still need to upgrade the amplifier ground to 0ga, add a 0ga from battery to chassis and engine to chassis. Then a whole lot of cleaning and zip tieing the loose wires that are behind the seat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Finally starting to address some leaky seals. First up is transfer case rear output seal. I didn't have a big enough socket for this guy so I had to get creative. A yeti cup would work perfect but the wife was quick to shut that down, but really seeing how it went in, yeti cup would have held up no problem. Other things I found around the house was a soup can I used for loose screw storage (just a little too big), or what I ended up using was the drive wheel off my belt sander.

Pretty easy job. Crack loose the 4 driveshaft bolts to the rear end (blue locktite on them), chock front wheels, put the rear axle on stands and transmission in neutral, roll the driveshaft around to get all 4 bolts out and slide it off the transfer case splines. Inspect the front yoke for marks, if good punch old seal out, seat new seal and reassemble. 85 ft lbs on the 4 driveshaft bolts with blue locktite.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Replaced the horns with ACDF GM train horns that I got off of EBay. Took some bracket fabrication, but not too difficult. I didn’t take any pics. Truck sounds way louder and cooler, now.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
month 8 of no truck... :(

·
Registered
317 Posts
Today I gave her a bath, full wax and exterior detail, and installed a turbo blanket from Turbo Performance Products. Yesterday was a CCV delete and I got super lucky that everything just came apart with a little pry action and no cutting or scraping required. Over the past week installed a BD remote exhaust brake as well. Getting ready to install the head studs that have been sitting in my garage for almost 3 years, as well as a new belt, water pump, thermostat, idler puller, and tensioner. o_O

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a question for anyone in here, had anyone had any issues with the CCV cover leaking by small amounts of oil?

I had already done the CCV delete and recently noticed that when looking at motor on the passenger side towards the rear of cover its leaking oil, has anyone had this issue? I tightened the bolts a little bit seems they were a hair loose cleaned up area but it's still slightly leaking anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I installed a new OEM fan clutch, new belt and thuren sway bar end links. Glad I had the belt as it was much easier without the fan in the way!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a question for anyone in here, had anyone had any issues with the CCV cover leaking by small amounts of oil?

I had already done the CCV delete and recently noticed that when looking at motor on the passenger side towards the rear of cover its leaking oil, has anyone had this issue? I tightened the bolts a little bit seems they were a hair loose cleaned up area but it's still slightly leaking anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
I did, but in the middle of the engine on the pass side if I remember correctly. I gutted the filter media out and I think it made the filter case much weaker so it started to warp from age and heat so oil was able to seep out and get on the side of the engine.

3861 - 3874 of 3874 Posts