Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i installed the kool vue mirrors. I installed one and the power worked on it. So i installed the other one and went to try the power and i had the door open so the light was on and when i touched the power to move the mirror the light went out and the power quit working to the mirror. My AC dosent work, my radio dosent work. So i checked all the fuses the one in the motor compartment and the ones in the cab all were fine. I switched the fuses for the mirrors and seats and the seats worked but the mirrors still didnt work after i switched them so it isnt the fuses. Whats wrong?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Check your ground lines, make sure everything is going where it should, worse comes to worse pull out the voltage meter and start looking to see if you have a short somewhere

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
check fuse #12 in the cab very carefully it has a little cover over, I had this same issue once and the fuse just barely poped, if i even hit the fuse panel things would kinda work again for a sec., id put money on fuse 12.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well one mirror wont move up or out so we have to return it. the fuse was the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
same thing just happened to me

what is fuse 12? I have lost radio, interiot lights, mirrors but havent checked the AC. I put the passenger side on first and it worked fine. Is there a way to check for a sort in the mirror befor I plug it back in? I checked all the fuses with a 12v light tester on both terminals except the ones with a plastic cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts