Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing since January. I miss the rides.

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
It was getting to hard to get sponsors for it. I guess we could still do it just for fun, or see if autoguide will through in a free lifetime membership for it.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was getting to hard to get sponsors for it. I guess we could still do it just for fun, or see if autoguide will through in a free lifetime membership for it.
Winning is better than the trophy. It's good to get some goodies but I bet most would be happy with a sticker and or a tee shirt.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I agree. Even if there aren't big prizes to be won, its still fun to get some pictures up of our member's rides.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats up Doc:popcorn:

·
Supporting Vendors
9,575 Posts
Always down to sponsor another one!

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
This met the end of the road I guess?

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
It all comes down to sponsors. I'll get one here and there but it's hard getting it consistent.

And some of that is on me, I'm not exactly the most eloquent with words, actually I find myself struggling what to say and how more often than not. I took over ROTM as I'm on here all the time and it's a struggle to drum up sponsorship.

If we were able to lock up sponsors long-term (more than a month here and there sporadically) then we could get the ball rolling again. ROTM is something where there's a prize expected for the winner. We have to remember that times are tough right now pretty much everywhere, and that means for shops/manufacturers as well; when us average Joes lose jobs or take cuts in pay or what may be, that affects our aftermarket sources too.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Yes.

I just thought that maybe it could be done with any sort of prize except just what the site gives you. The banner and the 'fame'.

I feel like getting something follows the trend of hey I tried can I get trophy? You only get something of you win and you get what we give you.

That's just how I feel anyway.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'd be completely fine forgoing a physical prize. It's honestly just fun to see everyone's trucks on the site. I think a sticker in our profile or a photo up at the top banner of the site would be more than enough to get a lot of us to participate. More importantly, the banner is highly visible to anyone using the site, so it would drum up a lot more entries because we would constantly be reminded of the contest! Bring back ROTM! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Shame on the sponsors for not wanting to give out a small product once in a while. Even if 2 or 3 sponsors split the prize cost it wouldn't be hard for them.. they are all getting rich off of us.

·
Supporting Vendors
9,575 Posts
Always down to sponsor another one!
Not that any of us are getting rich peddling parts on the Internet, but I've offered multiple times.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Shame on the sponsors for not wanting to give out a small product once in a while. Even if 2 or 3 sponsors split the prize cost it wouldn't be hard for them.. they are all getting rich off of us.
It's not their obligation to provide anything for a truck of the month contest. Whether they're getting rich off us or not is really none of our business. As far as I know, none of these companies have shareholders. These businesses provide a product, they pay the forum owner money to advertise on here and if we find the product worth the price, we purchase. Providing a prize for TOTM, in my opinion, is going above and beyond.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Well I will go on record to say that what I initially posted is still how I feel and how I will always feel. We don't need a monetary type prize, just a banner and some front page coverage and maybe a year of premium membership as I know it costs the site nothing to give that out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's not their obligation to provide anything for a truck of the month contest. Whether they're getting rich off us or not is really none of our business. As far as I know, none of these companies have shareholders. These businesses provide a product, they pay the forum owner money to advertise on here and if we find the product worth the price, we purchase. Providing a prize for TOTM, in my opinion, is going above and beyond.

That's one opinion, and I won't disagree. But it's good business tor give something back to customers

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
We used to sponsor the ride of the month a lot and quite often, we have been paying sponsors on this forum for many years and we used to give away products in our own sponsor section as well. If they would like to restart the truck of the month, fine, but I would like to see them actually do a little advertising and promoting for us as well since we are "giving" away product supporting their members.

James
RSD

1 - 20 of 35 Posts