Cummins Diesel Forum banner

what happened to the amazon filter sets..

8K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  goingwest 
#1 ·
Just looked up how much a filter set on amazon and 157 bucks. I believe they used to be alot cheaper!! Somthing happen? Wheres the cheapest OEM sets at now?

#2 ·
Yea I noticed that too. Last year I paid about $110, so they definitely jumped up in price. What I did this time and it saved about $10, was I ordered the 2 fuel filters, then ordered the oil filter separately. Funny thing is, buying this way using the same seller I’ve purchased from before was a little cheaper.
Should be cheaper as a single purchase as then the seller is only shipping one package through Prime.

#3 ·
#6 ·
Time for the Cat Dual filter remote filter system. Both filters $30.00 and better filtration. For the the 2012 and prior trucks. Until someone comes up with a block off kit for the 13 and up trucks with the frame mounted water separator.
Even just the nano fuel filter is hitting 60 bucks it seems.

Reactions: Andy2500
#7 ·
Was $113 back in March, hopefully they go down in a couple months when i need to do it again, i think it was around $105 the time before that. Engine oil and fuel are made by Fleetguard, rear filter is made by Parker if you want to check with OEM manufacturers for the cheaper option, the last couple times i've checked the MOPAR ones have been cheaper then fleetguard/parker ones

#8 ·
Every supplier of everything is claiming the pandemic is causing shortages. A lot of the shortages are probably real. A lot of them are likely excuses.

I'd be a little bit antsy about stuff on ebay from online auto parts suppliers. The amazon deals that come from FCA dealers are there because those dealers' online departments are smart enough to realize how much money can move through amazon at discount, but even amazon developed a huge problem with automotive parts and accessories knock-offs when they opened up "authorized dealer sales areas" to anyone who claimed they had real merchandise to sell. Folks might think there wouldn't be knock-off Mopar filters... but the far east counterfeiters will make copies of anything that makes the dollars flow east. Cookware. Designer clothes. Toys. Meds. Electronics. Collectibles. Auto parts. Anything. And remember that a lot of high volume online resellers aren't ever taking delivery of their product. They never even see it, and have no idea whether it's authentic or not. They're just remote shipping from a fulfilment center. I really don't like those odds.

I like to stick to authorized FCA dealer parts departments or known quantities like Geno's Garage. I just ordered a pile of filters from Geno's.

#11 ·
Genos Garage runs a sale every so often, I think it was $120 for the 3 filters last I checked but don’t quote me on it.

I’ll also say that the one time I ordered the filter set from Amazon that I did not receive OEM filters. I’ve used Genos Garage since that experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.