Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys with my smarty i'm only getting 25 psi of boost is this norm. because befor smarty i had banks 6 gun and was running 40 psi of boost just wanted to check to see if this was norm.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
doesnt sound right. check your isolater if you have one for your fuel pressure gauge, what settings are you running the smarty on?

·
Registered
184 Posts
boost fooler

boost fooler, quadzilla. The smarty doesnt have any booooshhht fooling as far as i know. But i dont have one, so i could be wrong. Most i see is 44lbs of boost, if im at full throttle for any more than 3 seconds. A stock-ish truck probably builds about 40 with the fooler.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Yeah 25psi is low for boost outta a smarty. I use my ts ramifier as a boost fooler on mine.

·
2,247 Posts
Smarty will boost fool till 45psi on the aftermarket turbo programs, then the factory map is out of range and so is the Smarty. Upgrade the program on your smarty to aftermarket turbo with stock injectors and you will be fine.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Smarty will boost fool till 45psi on the aftermarket turbo programs, then the factory map is out of range and so is the Smarty. Upgrade the program on your smarty to aftermarket turbo with stock injectors and you will be fine.

Thank you very much

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so if I down load the aftermarket turbo program what about my injectors I'm running 90hp sticks should I down load the aftermarket turbo and injectors,thanks guys

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all right give it a try, but what are big injectors .

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
alright thanks I'll give it a try

·
2,247 Posts
You would be fine with the stock injector program. Aftermarket injector programs will pull to much timing out, it is designed for large injectors.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just one more question what about the waste gate my turbo is a stocker

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cool, thanks for all the help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts