Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the sticker from my truck and it says my rear axle is 11.5

What gearing is that? Is that a 4:10, or 3:73 or what? I have the 6sp man transmission.

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
My truck has a sticker in the glove box that has the gearing on it. It may be different in the 07's.

Damon

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,634 Posts
probably 3.73's if you have manual.
beleive all 2500's have the 11.5 rear axle after 2003 .
could be wrong on that one.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
darn, no sticker in the glove box nor is it listed on the door jam stickers. Beats me..?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, thats a good towing gear I think

·
Registered
38 Posts
well i was told last week that mine shouldnt be the 3.73 for the whole one wheeler peeler thing... if you got the anti spin you should have the 4.10... i lucked out and got Dana 3.92's from the factory cause of the American Axle strike thats going on :D:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
oh... well i was misinformed then lol

*inserts foot into mouth*

·
Registered
66 Posts
Call a Dodge dealer and they will look up vin and tell you what gears are in your truck. The 06 and up I believe they did away with stickers in glove box.

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts
I was looking at the sticker from my truck and it says my rear axle is 11.5

What gearing is that? Is that a 4:10, or 3:73 or what? I have the 6sp man transmission.

thanks
How many RPMS are you turning while going down the freeway @ 70MPH?

·
Registered
68 Posts
usually it is listed on the original sticker.. at least mine was.. 06 dually auto 3:73

·
Registered
279 Posts
Might also have a sticker under the center of the hood. 3.73s are most common on the 2500's.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Rule of thumb how i was always told 4.10's at 60 mile per hour you will be doing 2000 rpm's

·
Registered
658 Posts
Call a Dodge dealer and they will look up vin and tell you what gears are in your truck. The 06 and up I believe they did away with stickers in glove box.
Hmmm... another cost saving idea from DMC just like removing the rear cup holder in 2001.5 :lol3:

·
Registered
87 Posts
ratio

your truck is equipped with g5600 6spd they are geared lower than a nv5600. the g5600 has 3.73s but runs about the same as a nv5600 with 4.10s. if you are runnining 2250 rpm-2300rpm at 70mph then you have the 3.73:peelout

·
Registered
368 Posts
i emailed chrysler and got a copy of the build sheet for my truck . that will tell you everything about it .

·
Registered
847 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts