Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I agree with those 3 being the most important. However, with efi the rail pressures are set to a known level so there really shouldnt be a real reason for the gauge other than trouble shooting.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree with those 3 being the most important. However, with efi the rail pressures are set to a known level so there really shouldnt be a real reason for the gauge other than trouble shooting.
I agree. Maybe sub or add a fuel pressure gauge to make sure you getting enough fuel to the CP3/engine too.

·
Piggy Piggy
3,422 Posts
It is not in any way a programmer. Its a tool that gives you the ability to access the stock tables in the ECM. What you do from there is at you or the tuners discretion.
My bad. Its actually a chip.
What did he say.....It is not a chip,A chip is something you eat usually comes in a bag or can in different flavors.

·
Piggy Piggy
3,422 Posts
I couldn't decide whether or not that was a joke.

Sent from my iPhone
Somedays man you just gotta sit back a shake your head,while saying to your self really!!!:doh:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
What did he say.....It is not a chip,A chip is something you eat usually comes in a bag or can in different flavors.
I guess you missed my sarcasm. Some of you guys are very uptight! going around and scolding people for using what you feel is the wrong word when describing a chip, tuner, programmer etc. What a sad life!

·
Piggy Piggy
3,422 Posts
If this is the case then why run any gauges ??

Heck lets all just slap lab tops on are dash and data log,And just forget about gauges

·
Piggy Piggy
3,422 Posts
I guess you missed my sarcasm. Some of you guys are very uptight! going around and scolding people for using what you feel is the wrong word when describing a chip, tuner, programmer etc. What a sad life!
Not all up tight homie..Maybe use a smiley face next time :thumbsup:
But the sad part is some people really don't know the difference.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
If this is the case then why run any gauges ??

Heck lets all just slap lab tops on are dash and data log,And just forget about gauges
I wasnt aware you could command exact egt and boost with efi live.
I see your trying to be mr funny man / know it all but like i said, since you can set rail pressure with efi, the only point of that gauge would be to identify another problem.
Also, its "our", not "are".

·
Piggy Piggy
3,422 Posts
I wasnt aware you could command exact egt and boost with efi live.
I see your trying to be mr funny man / know it all but like i said, since you can set rail pressure with efi, the only point of that gauge would be to identify another problem.
Also, its "our", not "are".
Well I will continue to run my rail pressure gauge :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well I will continue to run my rail pressure gauge :thumbsup:
As will i. No sense disconnecting it! My original comment was that with efi, it is not as important. Fuel pressure would be just as good to have, or even trans temp if you tow or plow.

I think that guys put rp gauges on because they want to know when the rail isn't getting enough pressure. Not because they're worried about too much pressure.

Sent from my iPhone
Possibly. I know for me though i wanted to make sure it wasnt getting too high with the mp-8 or by turning it up using the Smarty. I have fuel pressure to tell me if fuel supply is low.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.